Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MisterWives - SUPERBLOOM (July 24, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, May 20, 2020.

1. irthesteve May 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2020)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The third album from MisterWives is out this year!

[​IMG]

1. the end
    2. ghost
    3. whywhywhy
    4. alone
    5. stories
    6. valentine’s day
    7. over the rainbow
    8. it’s my turn
    9. find my way home
    10. 7-2
    11. rock bottom
    12. coming up for air
    13. oxygen
    14. running in place
    15. decide to be happy
    16. love me true
    17. the colorist
    18. muse
    19. SUPERBLOOM

2. irthesteve

"Superbloom" is absolutely fantastic, would LOVE more like this on the album. Still a bit fan of "whywhywhy" and "the end" is pretty good. Not fully on board with "rock bottom" or the other three songs from the EP, but overall the album is shaping up nicely

3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

4. irthesteve

saw that the other day, very sad. I wish them the best of luck staying in the band together

5. irthesteve

Brent likes this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Love the new song... crazy how they already have 8 of the album's songs on apple music. This has been a band I've been wanting to see for years now. Who knows when that'll be. :-/

7. irthesteve

They are SO GOOD live

I know that doesn't help haha

fbrrocks likes this.
  8. fbrrocks

Trusted

i can't wait for this album i been a fan since they played a 150 cap venue in ct as an opener to the mowgli's and only had an ep out at the time

irthesteve likes this.
  9. irthesteve

out on Friday! Superbloom and Decide To Be Happy have been my jams recently

10. irthesteve

There's some really great stuff on here, but it's 19 tracks and over an hour long... whoof.

I'm gonna do a second listen soon only to the tracks that aren't on mini bloom so I can get more familiar

11. Title track is ridiculously fucking good.

irthesteve likes this.
  12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

this is very good and ridiculously too long

CarpetElf and irthesteve like this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What the fuck. 19 songs? Three albums out today with 15 or more songs. That's too much.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. irthesteve

I'm kinda surprised ALL the songs from mini bloom made it to the album, other than the end and whywhywhy they probably could have left the other 3 as EP tracks. But whatever, streams I guess.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't know if I ever really listened to their last one, so it's been a while since I've listened to them, but I thought this was really enjoyable. It is a little long, but I didn't really get bored either, and I'll definitely listen again.

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I really really enjoy this. I normally struggle with coming back to very long albums for a lot of repeat listens, but this one has been on almost constant rotation. Ghost and Over The Rainbow are early favorites from the new songs (and Ghost gives me major Paramore s/t vibes)

17. irthesteve

There's a lot of strong stuff on here, but there's also some easy "b-side" material. If this was, like.... 12 songs and the rest were a B-sides EP... could be one of the better albums of the year

18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

If I’m pretending mini-bloom didn’t exist and that just removing those songs would be the easy solution, I’d probably go:

the end
    ghost
    whywhywhy
    alone
    over the rainbow
    it’s my turn
    find my way home
    rock bottom
    coming up for air
    decide to be happy
    3 small words
    SUPERBLOOM

19. irthesteve

that's a good list at first look, though most songs I don't quite know by name yet. I'll make my list next time I listen, but the end and whywhywhy are the only two from mini I would keep

whitenblue88 likes this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Add Running in Place and I’m good with that track list. This is like the absolute last band that needs to release a 60+ minute album

21. irthesteve

after a few listens, this is my ALL KILLER NO FILLER playlist. I still like all the other songs, but if this track list was the album it would fuckin BANG front to back

the end
    whywhywhy
    over the rainbow
    it's my turn
    rock bottom
    oxygen
    running in place
    decide to be happy
    love me true
    3 small words
    muse
    SUPERBLOOM

basically, the second half of this album is way better than the first.

22. irthesteve

23. irthesteve

I gotta say, been getting more into this album after listening to the lyrics more. Knowing that she and the drummer divorced during the album's creation, and listening to songs like Oxygen and Valentine's Day closer, it's really heavy. I don't understand how they are going to stay in the band together, some sort of Fleetwood Mac situation here.

Anyway, long story short... the songs I didn't like as much at first are growing on me after listening to the lyrics closer.

24. irthesteve

25. irthesteve