Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (McQuarrie, July 27, 2018) Movie • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 8, 2017.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I just wish that part was real. The original cut was supposedly darker, I assume that was actually supposed to happen

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

No, I'm glad they didn't stray too far from the other movies and try to be intellectual. It was a good balance of more emotion, but still fun.

3. kupe

Regular

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??? How?????

4. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

This ruled. The only glaring thing I caught was that the nuclear scientist they interrogated would have questioned the images of destruction he saw because a 5 megaton bomb would have flattened everything around it for miles. There would have been no husk of St. Peters remaining in Rome. There would be no Rome.

5. aoftbsten Aug 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2018)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Very much enjoyed this. Pretty much on par with the last one for me. It's maybe 15 minutes too long though. I didn't find either of the villains all that interesting, but Cavill in particular put in a great performance. Still, a good time at the theater. Excellent action, the main core of Cruise/Rames/Pegg have great on-screen chemistry, and the plot was interesting (though maybe a tad convoluted).

The score was brilliant. It really stood out to me.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I did love that they tied Max back into this in a way.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I loved this, but the identity of Lark was almost too obvious from the start. My one complaint.

8. I don't think it was ever their intention to hide it.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

the Empire Film podcast has a 2 part interview with McQuarrie totaling 6 hours (there's technically three parts, but pt 2 is just the hosts talking about the film without McQ as far as I know)

As someone who loves this movie and needs to listen but is also painfully far behind on podcasts...fuck.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Finally caught this today. What a fantastic action film. Tom Cruise is insane and I love it. Thoroughly enjoyable.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’ve been listening to that Empire podcast with McQ and it’s insane this movie turned out as great as it did. They were just figuring it out as it went. Showing up to set not entirely sure what they were going to shoot that day.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  12. Night_Sky

Regular

@Dog with a Blog forgot to mention I saw this a couple weeks back, probably my second favourite in the series behind Bro-2-Call. Did a rewatch of 3-5 in the lead up, something about the pacing of Bro-2-Call places it head and shoulders above every other film in the series barring Fallout. Which is a pretty close second.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

just caught this for a 3rd and final time before it left theatres. man, still so good. can't wait for the bluray! haha

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

imthesheriff, aoftbsten and Zilla like this.
  15. Watched this today and still so good

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I watch the bathroom fight scene almost daily and still not sick of it. Wish it were longer

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I'll spend the rest of my life chasing the feeling I had seeing this in theaters

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

dlemert, Matt, Dodger and 3 others like this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

In short, turn off motion blur

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

A new top gun? Ugh.

22. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, stop.

23. I'm itching for a re-watch. Haven't seen it since the theaters.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

OH SHIT

25. Awesome. Probably best to shoot them back to back as well. Cruise is getting up there.