Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (McQuarrie, July 27, 2018) Movie • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Id say watch Ghost Protocol too. If you watch Fallout and then go back something big will be spoiled

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's true. You'll find out the truth meaning of Christmas was in your heart all along.

Oh shit...

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

“Can you still make a mask?”

“I need a face to make a mask.”

4. dlemert

Trusted

Main thing I'm disappointed in are the few shots from the trailer that didn't make the movie. Ethan dangling from the roof of the nightclub and the big truck crashing toward the screen are the two I can think of. The latter must have been a scene cut completely because I don't even remember the context of when that could've taken place.

I'm sure the stuff they cut resulted in a tighter, better movie. But I just wanted more of Tom Cruise doing things, dammit!

BornToRun likes this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

McQuarrie said it was 2hrs 40-something minutes originally and they didn’t think they could cut it shorter, but they did.

Dodger likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Go back and watch it again, he's actually in the helicopter cockpit and it looks fucking weird. I don't know how that scene would have made sense or if it was ever meant to be in the movie

7. SteveLikesMusic

That IS weird!

(This post sucks sorry)

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

I love me a good car chase and this has a fantastic car chase. 5/5. Great stuff.

bd007h likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This was actually the first MI movie I've seen and I enjoyed every second of it. Really need to see the rest now

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  10. kbeef2 Aug 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2018)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Just hit me that this is basically Mission: Impossible - The Trolley Problem

Except in this variation, Tom Cruise forces his way into the trolley and steers it off the tracks

11. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

These movies are so good at pacing. I did a rewatch of all of them in the past 2 weeks and by the time I even think of time, it's almost at the end

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I Am Mick likes this.
  13. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

I loved this and quite frankly it is my favourite of the series which is one of the few film series' that has managed to not only recover from a lackluster sequel but stay consistent. This one however due to the best action in the series and raised stakes in the plot just manages to make it better than the previous three, far better than the second and a solid improvement over the first.

Mission: Impossible - 8/10
    Mission: Impossible 2 - 5.5/10
    Mission: Impossible III - 8.5/10
    Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol - 8.5/10
    Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation - 8.5/10
    Mission: Impossible – Fallout - 9/10

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I like how the title says this video is about Fallout but it's basically just kissing Tom's ass haha

15. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

absolute thrill ride

what a beautiful film

henry cavill hamming it up is my everything

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Definitely more of a fan of Henry after seeing this

17. flask

Trusted Supporter

I need to see this again in IMAX just for the halo scene.

bd007h likes this.
  18. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Hoping to go see it at least one more time before it's released on blu-ray.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don’t see how that’s petty. It’s insane that McQ and producers were actually going to shut down production just so Cavill could regrow a mustache.

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Shutting down production would have been an idiotic decision and a complete waste of money.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Loved Vanessa Kirby in this. The script was implying that she was the daughter of Max/Job, the arms dealer from the original movie, right?

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes