Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning (Christopher McQuarrie, July 12, 2023) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Sep 6, 2020.

1. 6-5-1-3-4-2

2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

What did everyone hate about MI2? Thandie Newton, Brendan Gleeson, bad guy that looks like the singer from Third Eye Blind, acceptable usage of Limp Bizkit riffs - I loved it

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t hate mi:2 at all, actually, and the opening sequence rules. It’s just so obviously inferior to the rest of the series.

also the villain sucks.

4. vidiviciveni

Trusted

yes this is the part I'm asking about, its not obvious to me

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll entertain no slander for MI2. I really need to rewatch these, because they all kind of blend together for me after 3.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

damn

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

if only he cared so much about finding shelly miscavige

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

he's right and he should say it

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I can’t even imagine how devastating it would be to have Cruise yell at you

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it’s THIS devastating

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

honestly after hearing that i’m not sure it isn’t out of bounds for him to go ballistic on people who work “beneath” him like that. he’s in a position of power and a multimillionaire and this just doesn’t seem professional at all. also weird is others virtually cheering him on for it...

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think it's because he also has to ensure the health and welfare of those hundreds or thousands of people who are working on the set and it seems that's what he's doing

13. the rural juror Dec 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2020)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Would be good to have more details about what happened, but in general, I’m for it.

Tell em, Tom.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah I have no issue with a boss unleashing a rant like that when it comes to a super contagious and deadly virus.

it’s not like somebody got him the wrong coffee or something.

JoshIsMediocre, Zilla and TJ Wells like this.
  15. kbeef2 Dec 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2020)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Uhh not totally opposed to the sentiment but he seems to be way overvaluing his own importance to the film industry in 2020. A lot of the anger seems to be less about the potential spread of the virus and more Cruise not wanting anything to tarnish the one thing people still like him for

Also, you can’t hear it in the clip, but he’s jumping up and down on a couch during this whole thing these jokes are still funny right?

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

He definitely has his issues and takes himself too seriously (as shown here at times even), but given the context and that there are plenty of stories about his positive behavior and how he treats “the little guy” on set this doesn’t bother me.

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I have friends on the crew side of film shoots that are working right now that wish they had someone like this.

18. That audio is crazy.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Jeeeze can’t imagine being on the receiving end of that.

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

let me find out it’s the same crew christian bale screamed at

22. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Good lord. The one time this nutjob uses his position of power for the benefit and wellbeing of the people around him, and you're worried about his staff having hurt feelings

If you need Tom Cruise to tear you a new asshole for not wearing a mask, then you deserve to have Tom Cruise tear you a new asshole for not wearing a mask. His entire rant was spot on

TJ Wells likes this.
  23. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Isn't he at OTVIII? Can't he just will away the virus?

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

He was yelling at people "beneath him" for endangering the health and safety of both himself and all the other people who work beneath him, so yeah he's totally justified in losing his temper like that. A few dumbasses not taking COVID protocol seriously could at minimum disrupt the filming of the movie and at worst potentially kill someone. The guy is involved in these movies at every level so the buck stops with him, if somebody gets ill and dies it's basically happening under his watch. Don't blame him at all.