Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Missing Link (Chris Butler, Spring 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, May 8, 2018.

1. Joe May 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2020)
    The latest film from Laika Studios.

Written and directed by Chris Butler.

Starring Hugh Jackman, Zach Galifianakis, and Zoe Saldana. Rounding out the supporting cast is Emma Thompson, Stephen Fry, Timothy Olyphant, Matt Lucas, David Walliams, Amrita Acharia, and Ching Valdes-Aran.

There's additional descriptions about the movie and characters in the press release.
    Missing Link

[​IMG]

I'm a huge fan of ParaNorman, and Laika in general, so I'm pretty excited about this.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh damn, didn't know there was a thread. Can't wait for this. Laika should be on everyone's radar between Kubo and Coraline

4. Can't wait.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed likes this.
  6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they’re just showing us the whole story there, huh

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

About to catch this

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Not Laika's best, but pretty good. Probably one of the quirkier animated films I've seen in some time. There's some easy chuckles too, but only a few really big laughs, so rare that they caught me off guard, one of which involving newspaper headlines that almost had me fall out of my chair

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone else end up catching this

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Soooooo nobody? Fuck that, this wasn't my favorite Laika film but it's got quite a lot going for it (including a really cool boat scene.) Why is a movie that was apparently based off a fucking One Direction FANFIC doing better than this?

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This is doing better than "After." But typically, Laika movie just don't do very well in theaters. It sucks that it's that way, but that's the reality.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hulu 10/7

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

won a golden globe for animated film. guess it's good that laika is being recognized by SOMEBODY

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

good reminder that I need to check this out

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They always get nominated at the Oscars, they just can never seem to pull off a win. Maybe this year will be different!

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sawhney[rusted]2 and coleslawed like this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious