Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Misery Signals – “The Tempest” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 15, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. -deleted-

-

Soooooooo good.

333 GANG likes this.
  3. 333 GANG

ACAB

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

don't know how I feel about this one :/

5. -deleted-

-

I started to love it even more when I thought about it in context with the album. It’s the intro, and to me seems like the lyrics are somewhat resembling Jesse rebuilding his relationship with the band and coming back. As the first track in 15 years with this lineup, I think it works.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I dunno, just reading about how the band members treated Karl for his whole time as vocalist bummed me out on these guys a fair bit. Dude is an absolute beast of a vocalist and they didn't know what they had with him

Even putting that aside, idk, if you played me this song and I didn't know who it was I doubt I could identify it as a Mis Sigs song. It's fine, but I don't feel any of their personality in there. (Also, it's been a hella long time since I heard Of Malice and the Magnum Heart, but I remember Jesse's vox being a lot more distinctive than these are lol)

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. -deleted-

-

Idk I immediately recognized some signature Jesse moments in the track. Lyrically, and his pronunciation of certain syllables that sound like they did on Malice. Also even did that signature spoken word line right in the middle of the track that so many bands copied.

As for Karl’s treatment, I feel like when I read his account of things he was also not in a good place in his personal life and that weighed heavily on him. He dealt with a serious ton of shit from fans for years.

8. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

This band is great. I did not know about all of the internal strife, that sucks. I hope everyone comes out of it better.

I really like this song.

Anthony_Soprano and 333 GANG like this.