Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minus the Bear Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Apr 14, 2016.

1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

My wife was patiently waiting for 2020 so she could see the Omni anniversary. Bummed they didn't make it to then. Hope they include a bunch of the songs on their farewell tour though.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

I haven't listened to this band in ages. Used to be one of my favorites. Gonna go through the catalog today.

"Memphis & 53rd" is so damn good still.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  3. strangeterrain

Regular

Knudson was playing a Botch song on his Instagram the other day, and I got me too excited.

4. Completely insane to me that OMNI is next on the 10 year radar. 8 years fucking flew by.

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

6. flask

Trusted Supporter

We’re on Botch watch.

7. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

just bought tickets for St Louis

8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I'm curious what these guys are going to do to continue supporting their families/lives. 20 years is a long time to be in a band and touring. Not sure how much money these guys made over the years, but I'd estimate that it isn't some crazy amount.

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I imagine they'll sell out a LOT of these farewell shows and tons of merch, so they'll be ending on a chunk of money until they move onto the next income.

10. musicfan10

Trusted

Yeah how they gonna make a living now?

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Anyone have a presale code for LiveNation?

12. amorningofsleep

SUNSET

I was going to grab mine on there but FUUUCCK that $10+ service charge. I'll just pick it up from the box office on Monday.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  13. Philll

Trusted

Not a shocker at all, but sad to see one of my all time favourites call it quits. Shame the farewell tour isn't coming to the UK at all, makes me feel like a dork for missing the Voids tour.

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Dave Knudson is a good follow on Instagram, especially if you’re a guitarist. He’s been posting videos of him playing older MTB songs.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  15. Philll

Trusted

Was gonna mention this, they're great. One of my favourite guitarists.

waking season likes this.
  16. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

When I saw this come through, I was initially sad, but thought it was time. Personally, I never thought Infinity Overhead or Voids hit the same way that Ice, Menos or Pirates did. Omni was hit or miss for me, but Into the Mirror/Animal Backwards are still two of my favorite songs of any band.

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

18. Aaron Mook Jul 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2018)
    Interesting to see him rank Voids that low, but he obviously still likes the record and it has to be dificult to do this with your entire catalog. Withut doing a full run-through, my ranking would probably look something like this:

Highly Refined Pirates
    Planet of Ice
    OMNI
    Infinity Overhead
    Menos El Oso
    VOIDS

Menos El Oso and Infinity Overhead are probably interchangable for me depending on the day.

waking season likes this.
  19. Philll

Trusted

6 Voids
    5 Infinity
    4 Omni
    3 Planet
    2 Pirates
    1 Menos

is probably mine. The differences between my top 3 are so small as to be pretty much meaningless, they're basically all number 1.

20. christsizedshoes Jul 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2018)
    christsizedshoes

Trusted

1. POI
    2. Menos
    3. Omni
    4. HRP
    5. VOIDS
    6. Infinity

Annoys me that POI is the only one in their discog with bad production

Also totally agree on the Pachuca chorus

21. Shuffling through their catalog right now and VOIDS is still so easily their worst to me. "Give & Take," "Tame Beasts," "Robotic Heart"...these are genuinely bad songs from a band that rarely writes them.

22. amorningofsleep

1. Menos
    2. POI
    3. OMNI
    4. HRP
    5. Infinity
    6. VOIDS

23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Planet of Ice
    Highly Refined Pirates
    Menos el Oso
    Infinity Overhead
    OMNI
    VOIDS

Menos el Oso and Infinity Overhead could honestly be switched

24. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Beer Commercials is good enough to go in at either #3 or #4 on my list despite being an EP. It's on par with POI in consistency of quality songs.

Philll likes this.
  25. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

One of my favorites