Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minus the Bear Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Listing might be my favorite MtB song. Every time I hear it, I want to replay it.

Pepetito likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Lets Play Guitar In A Five Guitar Band is prob my fav although Pachuca Sunrise and Ice Monster could also claim that spot.

Voids has grown on me a bit and I'd like to revisit their entire discog one of these days

beachdude42 and Ken like this.
  3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Knights forever is my favorite

4. flask

Trusted Supporter

Double Vision Quest or This Aint A Surfing Movie.

Ken likes this.
  5. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Really like this band but I'm not sure there's one or even two songs that stand out above the rest. "Knights," "Michio," "Dog Park," "Absinthe" and probably a couple others are all up there.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Great cover

8. This band has the best acoustic albums

9. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Acoustic version of Diamond Lightning is better than the original.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This band confuses me. Alternative Press used to skeet so hard over their albums that I got caught up in the hype and really enjoyed some of their older songs ("Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse" is particularly awesome) and generally liked Menos El Oso and Planet of Ice. Then something went off the rails and they started writing album after album of cringe-worthy sex jams ("My Time", "Lies and Eyes", anything from Lost Loves) and seemingly forgot how to play their guitars. And the more I back track through their discography, the lazy vocals and sometimes god-awful lyrics bother me way more than they used to.

christsizedshoes likes this.
  11. christsizedshoes

Trusted

This will probably fan some flames, and while I'm a fan of the band, I totally understand this perspective. I enjoyed OMNI, but it really was a turning point for the worse, lyrically. And then you look back and realize even stuff like "Knights" kind of fell into that mantra. I guess I can remember getting mild douche chills from some of the lyrics as far back when I discovered them (POI), but especially starting with OMNI.

12. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah this band has always had lyrics like that. Just somehow got masked by their impressive musicianship for some fans. Omni definitely featured them at the forefront though. Probably because Omni is a very boring album and there isn't much to grab onto

13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yes please.

Larry David, js977 and Transient_Hymn like this.
  14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

My favorite MTB record looking all sexy in purple? Sign me up.

Ken likes this.
  15. Deathco_019

Drummer

Might actually get that

Ken likes this.
  16. bd007h Nov 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2017)
    bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Saw their show with Silversun Pickups in Rochester on Friday night and ended up randomly meeting Dave Knudson outside the venue after the show. Sounds like they will be heading out on tour again in the spring with a stop in Buffalo :thumbup:

js977 likes this.
  17. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

So Michigan is getting hit with some hard snow right now and I'm spinning Planet of Ice and it's perfect.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

After being bummed I missed out at Riot Fest, I finally got their Minus Da Bears shirt during their Black Friday sale. Most treasured band shirt for sure.

19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

your bump is making me think i should revisit Voids

beachdude42 and chewbacca110 like this.
  20. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

HIS BUMP MADE ME THINK THERE'S NEW MUSIC OUT

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I'm sorry for the false flag!

Re-visit Voids. I think it's better than most people give it credit.

Cameron and js977 like this.
  22. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

NO :D

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Voids finished relatively high on my EOTY list. The first half of the album is a great run, drops off a bit after that but still solid.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

25. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yo I'm definitely hitting Philly for this

beachdude42, SEANoftheDEAD and Ken like this.