Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minus the Bear Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Apr 14, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Pirates, Menos, and Planet are all so good. Not that any of their albums are bad, but those three are something else.

2. HueyLewis

Regular

I just listened to this band for the first time after years of hearing their name connected to other bands I love. First listen to Menos and it's amazing. I'm so glad I have their whole discography to slowly go through.

Cameron, muttley and trevorshmevor like this.
  3. Menos was a great place to start, too

muttley and HueyLewis like this.
  4. HueyLewis

Regular

I've been listening to it not stop since yesterday. I don't usually listen to the same album that much in a row, but it's addicting.

5. HueyLewis

Regular

What would be a better choice to go to next: Pirates or Planet?

6. I'm a bigger fan of Pirates, personally. Just always have had a connection to that one over most of their albums. Those three records in particular are a fantastic, natural evolution though, so you're gonna like what you get either way!

7. HueyLewis

Regular

Thanks. I'll jump back and listen to everything else chronologically. I know they have a couple eps before menos as well.

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

wonder if we get a new song tonight/tomorrow

10. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Goddamnit I'm so hyped!!

11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

They used to be one of my favorite bands but I found the last one so revolting that I'm honesty not sure I've listened to ANY of their stuff since. I really hope this one brings me back on board.

12. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. Deathco_019

Drummer

After two listens I like this

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  14. christsizedshoes

Trusted

It was pretty bad. And unfortunately, the new song seems roughly along the same lines, to me anyway.

15. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Bought a ticket for their show in April. It's a smaller place than what they usually play so I had to commit.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. See ya there. Crescent is a perfect venue for them.

muttley likes this.
  17. muttley

Agreed. I hardly ever buy tickets this early in advance but that's too good to pass up.

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

Infinity Overhead was literally forgettable. Like I saw this press release and thought damn 5 years since Omni came out? I really like this song tho.

19. muttley

Digging the new song. I didn't realize how long it's been since they put out IO.

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I'm liking Last Kiss much more than Invisible.

21. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I didn't think this album was that great on my first 2 listens. Might even slot it behind Infinity Overhead, and I only liked 3 songs off of that album.

22. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

New album is great.

23. sukottokairu

Regular

new album is growing on me a lot. also, last kiss is a great opener, glad they released it as a single

24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh shoot! I kinda forgot these things could happen! Haha Can't wait to check this out later.

25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

omg wtf new album? hi. is there an official release date or did i miss it? i don't see anything on spotify. thx bros

edit - nvm just saw the album thread lol