Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minus the Bear Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Apr 14, 2016.

1. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Yea, definitely understandable. I love the first the albums as well, but every now and then I like the flow that infinity provides. It's just really chill overall. I'm interested in hearing whatever they release next. I feel like it could go either way.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

I've heard a few tracks, mostly from Infinity Overhead, and I'm looking to get more into this band. Where should I start?

3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I'd say Menos El Oso or Planet of Ice.

exanctile likes this.
  4. I'd recommend jumping back to Menos or Highly Refined so you can kind of get a feel for the fan favorite type of albums, the sounds MTB are mostly known for. That said, if you like Infinity, you'll probably enjoy OMNI too.

exanctile and muttley like this.
  5. muttley

I need to jump into HRP, myself.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

HRP was my introduction and its so excellent. "Get Me Naked 2: Electric Boogaloo" and "Lets Play Guitar In A Five Guitar Band" are two of the best songs these guys have written.

The first two EPs are stellar as well. Just ignore the silly song names, theres still plenty of substance to the songs lyrically despite those.

exanctile likes this.
  7. muttley

You kill bugs good, man

bd007h and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Phenomenal record

9. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Playing Women We Haven't Met Yet on repeat today.

10. The song names still make me laugh to this day, and were part of what got me to check out the band in the first place. I remember HRP being really praised by the cool older kids when it was released haha, but I was still just a little punk kid with a pretty narrow music listening scope. I didn't get to it until around 2004 or so. "Monkey!!! Knife!!! Fight!!!" was my first MTB song and the rest was history!

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Listing might be my favorite MTB song. So good.
    Also, their music videos are very enjoyable.

12. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I never understood the non-love towards it. Sure, it was a bit of a change on their sound, but holy fuck was it one sexy record.

Cameron likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Couldn't agree more. Next time the lights are low and you're about to get it on, put Omni on.

Ken and amorningofsleep like this.
  14. amorningofsleep

Seriously, I'm disappointed in the fact that I haven't fucked to "Summer Angel" yet.

15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Haha gotta get on it! Wait til you get to Excuses though. That's when the real magic happens.

16. Deathco_019

Drummer

I like this band but I don't like anything past Planet Of Ice aside from a few songs. Would really like to hear a new album sometime, but it seems like a myth at this point.

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

OMNI is my second favorite of theirs next to Menos El Oso. Beautiful record. Infinity Overhead, however :(

18. RealVile

Band definitely hit the cheesy vibe sometimes but when they're not they're great. Yet to see them live

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they are teasing

20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Finally

KidLightning likes this.
  21. Deathco_019

Drummer

Here we go

22. amorningofsleep

God, my body needs this. I've had "Lucky Ones" looping through my head for days.

23. sukottokairu

Regular

neeeeeeeed new music!!!!

24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Sooo amped. I wonder what direction they'll take with the album. Teaser had an 'epic' feel. Take it for what its worth lol.

25. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

please be like Planet of Ice.
    Bring back the Math

inwaves likes this.