Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minus the Bear Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Apr 14, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Minus the Bear is an American indie rock band from Seattle, Washington. Founded in 2001, the group features current and former members of Botch, Kill Sadie, and Sharks Keep Moving.

2. beachdude

So yeah, these guys are good. I'm starting to listen to them more, gonna listen to the first three albums again today.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. MarceloFP

I am a haunted house. I'm superstitious.

Oh these guys are VERY good. Omni and Menos El Oso are great albums. I saw them live w/ Brand New back in 2014 and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

trevorshmevor and beachdude42 like this.
  4. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Been playing Menos and Planet of Ice a lot lately.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Love this band. Wasn't super into Infinity Overhead, but I love everything else I've heard from them.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude

I hadn't listened to them in a while, I'm glad I'm getting back into them. Their stuff is dope.

7. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Fantastic band. Thanks for the Killer Game of Crisco Twister is my jam haha.

Pepetito, beachdude and inwaves like this.
  8. I remember a thread on AP about bands with no bad release in thei discography (I believe the stipulation was more than 2 albums had to exist) and MTB was the first band I could think of, at least out of ones that had already been mentioned. Only album I don't love is Infinity Overhead but I still don't even think it's bad.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. muttley

I've probably listened to Infinity Overhead more than Omni at this point. Still like both, though.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

First 3 are perfect, last two have been good albeit a bit generic. Wonder when we'll get LP6, if ever. They seem to be really quiet, I dont even know if they've been recording/writing.

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

Yeah I did notice that they haven't done anything in a while... strange.

12. Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 8.29.46 PM.png

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. demo

i said dont @ me

they used to be amazing but it feels like a distant memory. omni was fucking shit and infinty overhead was better but still rather unmemorable. still, planet of ice, highly refined pirates, menos el oso, and of course this is what i know about being gigantic are all remarkable

14. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Erin Tate is a fantastic drummer. I haven't listened to Menos El Oso in forever. Probably gonna go back to it soon

15. muttley

Dude's got style for sure. He fit MTB perfectly, or rather MTB fit him.

16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

He's one of the most tasteful players, especially in that style. He nailed it every time

17. beachdude

18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

One of my personal favorite bands ever. Can't wait to hear their new stuff.

19. beachdude

Menos El Oso still fucking rules.

inwaves and DarkHotline like this.
  20. beachdude

This song's outro... B-)

CoffeeEyes17 and Meerkat like this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

We're never getting that new album are we

22. sukottokairu

Regular

I'd guess they'll have a new album out this year. They've played two new songs live and have said they are working on a new album, although whether they are writing or recording, was left rather vague. Awesome band though, only album I'm not crazy about is Omni. I really like Infinity Overhead. Planet of Ice and Highly Refined Pirates are my top two though.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love OMNI. know it's not a popular opinion though.

24. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I really enjoy Infinity Overhead. I'm not sure why it's so frowned upon.

bd007h likes this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

The main reason is it's much more simplistic and straightforward compared to the first 3. People would argue that they don't come to MTB for straightforward indie rock.

For me, I like it a good bit but it doesn't come close to the first 3