Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minus the Bear - Voids (March 3, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by elphshelf, Jan 8, 2017.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Aaron Mook Jan 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2017)
    I recommend just starting at the beginning and going chronologically. Highly Refined Pirates is my favorite (for nostalgic reasons), but a lot of other people prefer Menos El Oso and Planet of Ice, and then OMNI marks their biggest change in direction. There's something to look forward to with each album.

FTank likes this.
  3. Yeah, I feel that actually. I was kinda harsh on it just now. I guess it just harbors the least amount of memorable songs by a wide stretch in their discography, in my opinion. It's just the one album of theirs I literally never go back to.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. sukottokairu

Regular

i'm usually in the minority here but i like infinity overhead more than OMNI, and honestly i've probably listened to it more than menos el oso. but, planet of ice and highly refined pirates are definitely my favorites

5. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

sub, cant wait

6. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aw man, Infinity Overhead actually ties for my favorite album with Highly Refined Pirates. Don't feel like I got into Planet of Ice or OMNI as much as most people did.

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Infinity Overhead is the only one I don't love. Glad to hear them switching up a little

amorningofsleep likes this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I loved the verses of Invisible immediately and the chorus has grown on me.

Maybe it's because I'm a drummer, but I'm most excited to hear the new album because of the new guy on the kit. Erin Tate had a really cool groove style.

Deathco_019 likes this.
  9. Deathco_019

Drummer

I feel the same way. Really interested to hear their style and what they bring to the table

10. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

have cooled on them a lot recently but ill check this out

11. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I like the song. Bought the vinyl. Seems like a nice release.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

drip

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Whole album is out there now, its quite good.

14. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

on first impression i like it

KidLightning and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. Think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to give this a spin with my full attention. Glad to see a couple of positive opinions though.

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Is it comparable to anything else they've done?

17. christsizedshoes

Trusted

First impression is it doesn't feel that far removed from Infinity. Definitely more similar to that than any of their earlier stuff.

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ah, bummer

19. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Yeah, was hoping for a major shakeup given the hiatus and all, but oh well. Wouldn't pick this to win many old fans back over who were down on the last album or two.

I will say though that "Call the Cops" is pretty stunning and sounds like a totally different band. Easy pick for my favorite so far.

cherrywaves likes this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I enjoyed Infinity Overhead, will be interested to listen to this

21. Deathco_019

Drummer

I liked Infitinity Overhead at first, but it didn't hold up well a year later and I don't think I've listened to it ever since.

I liked the single enough so I'll check this one for sure.

22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I love Steel & Blood but the rest of Infinity is fine enough

This is better than that album and maybe better than Omni

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

That is good!

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

I always liked the first three song on IO, particularly Lies And Eyes, but that album fell off in quality from there for me.

I'm enjoying the new one so far though

25. Deathco_019

Drummer

Silver is dope

Pepetito and Elder Lightning like this.