Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 64

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess it really depends on what you are looking for also, north loop has decent food choices/nice breweries with outdoor seating if that is the vibe you want. if you are an early riser you could venture over to farmers market, they have a bunch of vendors that make breakfast, other random local stuff is sold there too. popdisaster mentioned good places for outdoor activities as well.

aoftbsten and Aregala like this.
  2. Get your picture taken outside of first ave

Aregala and GrantCloud like this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I have not made it to the farmers market. But I checked out St. Anthony’s Main and a bunch of the nearby river parks. Very nice and peaceful.

checking out Dangerous Man Brewery and holy shit this is some good beer.

Aregala, popdisaster00 and GrantCloud like this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Got back late last night, so I had a chance to check out a few more breweries, Bde Maka Ska, and Matt's Tavern for a Jucy Lucy. All of which were great. Cool city. Would go back.

5. Good call going to Matt’s.

6. Blink182Bouncer Dec 16, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2022)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Sorry for the shameless self promo, but: I'm a concert planner at the U, and we'll be hosting the incredible Yam Haus next month!
    [​IMG]
    Eventbrite - Yam Haus
    Everything from Booking to Promo to AV to Ticketing is student-operated, so it'd mean a lot to us if this show sold well. Let me know if you're interested in swinging by-- Thanks!

Attached Files:

7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Will it ever stop snowing

coleslawed, Aregala and earthlight like this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Today in Oslo it absolutely poured down with snow as well; just a slog to walk anywhere in the city. Flying back to Minnesota on Monday as well, and it sounds like it'll be the same exact conditions, haha

9. feels like it’s been dusting snow nonstop for 36 hours

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. Silentjury

Regular

And now it's bitterly cold and they're predicting a blizzard later win the week. It's not even January yet! We're really getting punished for the tremendous fall we had.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This late-week storm does indeed look pretty rough. It won't necessarily be a huge snow producer, but decent snowfall accumulations plus ridiculous winds are going to make it absolutely miserable out there. Figure 30-40mph winds and higher gusts. Really tough scene.

12. ~6 inches of snow and then insane wind

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

My partner was supposed to fly home for the holidays on Friday but I think the storm kinda cancelled those plans

popdisaster00 likes this.
  15. So tomorrow is supposed to be *insane*

coleslawed and GrantCloud like this.
  16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Went out to the Mall of America today, and the roads weren't all that bad. It's for sure pretty cold, but otherwise in terms of weather it was kind of a normal day. Sounds like tonight it'll get bad though

18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

car won't start this morning.
    debating
    a) digging out the jumper cables and hoping my roommate's car starts
    b) calling an uber
    c) just staying home for the next 4 days

GrantCloud likes this.
  19. C

20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

wait is there a D option

coleslawed and Aregala like this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

also haven't left the place in like two days, been awesome

Aregala likes this.
  22. Silentjury

Regular

I was surprised by how many side streets were unplowed this morning. Got stuck on one of them but was able to get out with the assistance of another person. Helped each other get unstuck. Don't know if the forecasts were off on this second batch of snow or what. Anyway, this winter is not slowing down at all.

GrantCloud likes this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Shits wild but I think they said we could end up with around a foot when all i said and done

coleslawed likes this.
  24. MPS finally called a snow day. Woooooo.

coleslawed and GrantCloud like this.