Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. That is AWESOME. Congrats.

alex miller likes this.
  2. alex miller

Regular

Thank you very much, I'm really excited, but like I said I won't know anyone. I'm good at making friends but this is the first time I'm leaving family behind. Overall though, I can't wait to get up there.

3. We - all of us in this thread - really should have a meetup soon so we can all get together and hang out and the new folks can get to know people too.

alex miller likes this.
  4. alex miller

Regular

that'd be great!

5. hallowblue

There's a monster under all this tulle;

This might be a long shot but does anyone want a ticket to the Friday MCS show next week? I'm flying in from Japan and bought an extra and would prefer not to see it go to waste.

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Saw Neil DeGrasse Tyson present/talk last night at the Orpheum in Minneapolis; it was excellent

7. Put that on craig's list and I bet you find a buyer within minutes haha

edit: I might actually have a friend that's interested.

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah im interested as well if your friend doesn't take it.

9. GhostOverground

I would say to take advantage of the access the U gives you to people already in the workforce. Do informational interviews when you can, or just get coffee with guest speakers who are already in the area you want to work in. Any idea how you want to use the degree?

10. I work in a career center and this is spot on

11. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Nothing concrete. I haven't settled on a concentration yet but open to land use, economic development, transportation the most (I'm also planning on GIS work). Leaning toward public sector out of the gate but not married to the idea. What path did you end up taking?

12. GhostOverground

I did land use because I was most interested in Urban Design (which might be the least employable area of planning). Fortunately though you can do a lot with Land Use. I took an economic development internship with a business association, which got me enough experience to get a job in the same sector. I did that for a few years and now bounced to market research consulting for new residential developments, which to me is a lot more fun.

GIS is a nice fallback skill to have, as it seems to consistently be employable. Having to relearn it a bit at the job I'm at now was a little painful.

13. alex miller

Regular

Just moved into my hotel in Eden Prairie. Despite the insane weather, I can already tell this place is beautiful. Can't wait to explore the actual city and Uptown area.

14. hallowblue

if you do would you mind PMing me? I'm trying to sell it at face - It's currently up on stubhub for face value, but putting it on craigslist seems like a godo option.

It's a E-ticket, so I could instantly email it to them if they paypal me for it.

15. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I work in EP and it's a really nice area.

16. I texted my friend earlier today but haven't heard back yet. I'll definitely let you know asap.

17. hallowblue

awesome blossom. I'll keep checking here periodically. Thanks so much.

18. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

If anybody wants a Comp to a free improv show any Wednesday for the next 6 weeks, let me know. I get one a week while I'm performing at HUGE Theater in Lyn-Lake, and love getting people to check out the theater by bribing them with free tickets, haha.

y2jayjk likes this.
  19. hallowblue

No longer living in MN, but HUGE THEATER is Great. Go Check it out.

20. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

My gf hates improv so I should definitely get two of those

21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Is that HUGE Theater owned by Trump?

I'll show myself out....

coleslawed likes this.
  22. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

im definitely coming the last wednesday of the month if you are feeling generous. ;-)

Cody Nelson likes this.
  23. Not sure how desperate my friend is for a ticket after all..perhaps @GrantCloud is still interested?

24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yes! if the MCS ticket is still available let me know.

25. hallowblue

it ended up selling on craigslist. Sorry. :/