Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 59

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Anyone going to the Menzingers next week?

GrantCloud and fredwordsmith like this.
  2. I’m in ward 3 - Which also means I’ll be able to walk to the Menzos/NIL next week baby!

popdisaster00 likes this.
  3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

NO WEAKNESSES AT THE SKYWAY

My first pandemic live show. The second the Menzingers start “America,” I am both going to start a pogo pit and burst into uncontrollable tears.

popdisaster00 and Danny like this.
  4. GrantCloud Oct 14, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2021)
    GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone looking for Ruston Kelly tix? Gonna be in Denver that weekend so looking to unload them (just looking for face value, I think it was like 65 after taxes for the pair)

coleslawed likes this.
  5. come to Menzingers I’ll bring you a cookie

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Here’s all the candidates for mayor / city council
    A guide to the 2021 Minneapolis mayor and City Council candidates

I still hold a grudge against Fletcher for beating Ginger in 2017, but he looks leagues better than the other two running in Ward 3

I’m skeptical about Shiela and am concerned that she will turn out to be all talk in the end, but I’d still take her over Frey or anyone else.

Would also recommend anyone in Ward 2 to vote for Robin Wonsley Worlobah! Or at least donate if you’re not in there

The ballot measures are here — What's on the ballot

I honestly don’t know much about Question 1 except that I’m generally skeptical about giving more power to the mayor when the city council could have it. I don’t see the upside there, so I’d probably vote no

Question 2 is getting rid of MPD and replacing it with the Dept. of Public Safety. I’d vote yes for sure

Question 3 is to allow rent control. It should be noted that it wouldn’t even automatically create rent control, but would simply allow the city council to impose / control it if they so wished. I’d also vote yes

Beyond all that, I have no knowledge of smaller elected spots like park board or whatever else

Danny likes this.
  7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

bring me a dozen and it’s a deal

8. coleslawed and GrantCloud like this.
  9. this is v helpful thank you! That’s how I felt about the ballot measures from what I read but didn’t know if there was some nuance I could be missing somewhere.

10. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I’d push harder toward voting no on question 1. Right now a lot of executive power is spread across 13 council members. Consolidating that executive power under one strong mayor makes it a lot easier for fewer, wealthier interests to influence one person (or from all of that support to come from a limited geographic area of the city) as opposed to the current system of having to get a majority of 13 people who geographically represent the entire city by nature.

Current system isn’t perfect but the whole “14 bosses” narrative being pushed for Yes on question 1 is pretty easy to pick apart.

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

possibly.

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

just let me know! I won’t put them on sale in marketplace or StubHub til a week or so before the show probably

coleslawed likes this.
  13. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have Turnstile tickets they'd sell? Stubhub looks NUTS. Glad for them, but those are Taylor Swift prices.

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

@coleslawed still thinking you want my Ruston tickets? If not that’s cool, I was just gonna put them on StubHub toward the end of this week if not!

15. My band's got a show at the Terminal in a couple weeks, shamelessly gotta plug it here - It should be a lot of fun, all the bands playing are sick!

Also, if any of y'all are in a band and wanna rip a gig ever just shoot me a message!

Here's the event page!

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

probably not, StubHub ‘em.

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. which band is yours? I play guitar and would be down to jammm

thethingis, Danny and GrantCloud like this.
  18. The Denim Boys!

(And also jean-182 lol)

popdisaster00 and fredwordsmith like this.
  19. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Attached Files:

Danny likes this.
  20. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

man...

if i could find a cheap flight for this weekend, i'd totally go to see all elite wrestlings' FULL GEAR event at the target center.

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

im going, gonna be LIT

stonecoldnimrod likes this.
  22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Any word on when the booster will be approved for MN yet?

23. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I just got mine. When I got my flu shot, the guy at CVS asked me if I wanted one.

But obesity and anxiety also qualify you for them, FYI. Lean into your broken humanity and go get one ASAP.

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. Just make an appt they won’t turn you away

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

if anyone wants Ruston Kelly tickets for Sunday night, lmk. im trying to get rid of a pair