Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 43

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Haven't lived there, but have done stuff in that area. Parking seems to be all on street and a bit crazy, lots of restaurants, though.

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I currently live on 25th and 1st. Parking is not ideal, you’d have to park on either 1st or Blaisdell since Nic is almost always full, but crime is low (large homeless population, but I’ve never once felt unsafe) and there’s literally not a better neighborhood to “do stuff” then Whittier. Most populated neighborhood in the city, central location, diverse, vibrant, so much food/nightlife/music/art, more than you’d know what to do with, all within a square mile. Hands down my favorite spot in the city I’ve ever lived.

Plus you’d live by me!

popdisaster00 likes this.
  3. Cody

Also, depending on where you work/what you like to do, you may never need your car for anything. The walkability of Whittier is almost unbelievably good

4. Oh wow yeah we'd basically be next door neighbors, ha! Man you're selling it pretty hard, I just got done touring the place and it pretty much had everything I'd need. Seems like the major bummer is parking, but that's applicable to a bunch of places around the city. I have to decide between doing a studio alone in Whittier or living with friends in NE now, decisions decisions!

Yeah I've been in the area a few times and really dig all the restaurants, etc. No shortage of stuff to do, that's for sure.

Thanks for the help both of you!

Cody likes this.
  5. Cody

Lol the parallels in our lives are funny. I just downgraded from living with two friends in NE to getting a studio in Whittier. Best decision I’ve ever made tbh. My mental and emotional health have gone through the roof living alone. Not sure if you’ve lived By yourself before, but if not, there’s another thing I can’t recommend highly enough

lish likes this.
  6. Oh wow that's crazy, if I were to go the studio route I'd be going from living with two friends to living alone for the first time (moving from Frogtown though, not NE)

Part me thinks living alone would be great, but I also think not coming home to friends would be a bummer, at least for awhile, but that rocks that it's helped you out a bunch, I can definitely see how that'd happen. Plus, living in that area would provide a ton of opportunities for social interactions whenever desired!

The biggest factors for me are the fact that the studio would be like $250-$300 more expensive than living with friends, and the house would provide a more stable place for band practice, etc.

7. Cody

That’s fair. Studios in Whittier aren’t super cheap. Can’t speak on your life to that degree, and NE is fantastic for its own reasons. Either way I think you’ll be in a better spot than frogtown. What I will say is that living alone has made me a lot more intentional about the time I spend at home and what I do with it and alternately how I spend to choose my time out and about, which has increased as well. I guess at the end of the day, in a weird way, it promotes a more active and social life despite the fact that it’s a solitary living arrangement

Also, my band is currently looking for another group to buy in to our rehearsal space if you need a spot. Would be like 30-40 bucks a person depending on how many people in your band

8. Cody

You’re in a great spot no matter what you go with, Dan-o! Excited for ya

9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

pretty hyped on that soundset lineup!

gimme badu, wu-tang, and migos all day

10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Time to move. My gf and I both work in Eden Prairie. Any recs? Would like to keep the drive under 20 min

11. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

The difference in watching MN United on FSN compared to WFTC last year is pretty dramatic.

12. Welp, found out today that my employer is moving our office from northeast over to the north loop. I’ll miss easy parking.

13. Cody

NORTH LOOP HACK: you can park in the lot behind the bachelor farmer and marvel bar for free almost all the time. Never any attendant besides sports games and even then only like 5 bucks. Our employees park there daily/nightly

14. Interesting. Does it say you need a permit to park there?

15. Oh speaking of restaurants, I finally went to Spoon and Stable (for brunch) over the weekend. God DAMN.

16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone been to lynhall yet? i haven't been but interested in going.

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Anybody going to see Verite or Lucy Rose next week Thursday?

18. Cody

The lynhall yo. THE LYNHALL. here rn bc they just unveiled their carrot cake. So, so good

coleslawed and GrantCloud like this.
  19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Never been, definitely need to check it out for brunch soon.

20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Also anyone been to a show at the reopened varsity yet? I’m going for Andrew McMahon but I wonder what modifications if any they made.

21. Cody

Just got a second job at Esker Grove. P stoked about it, so if y’all ever want brunch and you’re at/near the Walker, come say hi!

22. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Where should I take my family for dinner after graduation next month?

23. Cody

How many people approx? Do you want to be privately served or just a normal dinner? What parts of town are preferable?

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

112 Eatery, Burch, or Bar La Grassa.

25. I was gonna say Bar La Grassa.

Ferrari333SP likes this.