Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

they had a stellar set last night. That's so hilarious, what a small world. Are you the same guy that I ran into that one time at Spyhouse? Where I saw you on AP and just had to say something?

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

My running club meets at Fulton on the first Wednesday of every month; great place

popdisaster00 likes this.
  3. Cody

I definitely saw you outside Mill city Running the other week. I was on the patio at Bulldog and should've said something!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah im going to the one at the end of the month again, i went a couple of weeks ago. and yes that was me, seriously such a small world. haa

Cody Nelson likes this.
  5. We need to form a meetup soon. Maybe at Calhoun, central location for everyone?

6. Nice. I like running around Harriet.

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm down with that; maybe at that restaurant/eatery on the northwest side, near where the boat rentals are. Whenever in the evening works for e

8. Any ideal dates?

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just had Pig Ate My Pizza the other night, it was pretty great pizza, but it's a bit pricey. Punch pizza sized/Pizza Luce priced. I guess it's because they use lots of special/local ingredients, but when you can put down a pizza that sized on your own, not sure it's quite worth it.

10. Cody

I'm usually free Friday/Saturday nights, oddly enough. Otherwise, the occasional Monday/Wednesday evening or random lunches here and there.

Would be mad down to meet up.

11. It's been long enough man. Are you going to any of the MCS shows?

12. Cody

Seriously! We've been hinting at it for awhile now.

And yes, I am! I'm going to the Tuesday one, their last one. What about you?

13. First two, Friday and Saturday. Nuts!

14. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Didn't know this thread existed, what up fellow TC'ers!

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Haha nicee; I've only been in that Bulldog once and it was for an average tasting burger. Always funny when our big group runs by there when our run starts; people sitting on the patio see this giant group of people running towards them and are like "What the".

16. Cody

Welcome! Where at in town?

Haha, I can only imagine, yeah. Two completely different worlds; one's binge drinking, the other being very healthy. Bummer about the burger, though! I've always loved the food there.

Speaking of food, what's everyone's recent fave place to eat in town. I've been a huge fan of Borough/Parlour lately. That Parlour cheeseburger, my lord.

17. Bar Luchador has wicked good tacos. For quick burgers I surprisingly hit up My Burger quite a bit..like, I know they're not the best in the city, but for the price they're great. Pizza is usually Lola just cause it's in my neighborhood. Now that the weather is nice, it's that time of year for the patio at Suzi's.

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Blue Door for burgers, Chipotle(like 2 blocks from my house), Noodles & Company, 112 Eatery(fav restaurant in MPLS), Bar La Grassa, Borough, Burch, Rusty Taco

19. Recently tried Spitz, it's a new Mediterranean place. I really enjoyed the doner wrap I had, and someone I was with had some fries covered in sauce and meat that looked delicious (they said it was). If I remember right, it seemed like they had a good happy hour too that I'm gonna have to check out. I'd definitely recommend it!

20. GhostOverground

Checkin in from downtown MPLS. Glad to see a shoutout to the Parlour cheeseburger. The only thing on it's level that I've had is at St Dinette in Lowertown.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I've been to Borough, but not Parlour, and therefore haven't had their burger yet, and being that I'm obsessed with burgers, I'mma need to try this place out

22. My wife and I are going to try and blow through an entire $250 gift card in one sitting at Capital Grille this month

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

That'll be a piece of cake, haha; I was there back in January with a friend as he had just gotten married(I was legal witness/best man), and the wife's parents were paying, so I'm like $$$$$$$$$$$. I believe the steak I got was $62 or so

24. Yeah man but 2 steaks at that price is only half of the gift card! We need to fill up on booze, apps, and dessert too :)

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Oh yeah for sure; just saying that you won't have an issue finding big price items to get. Then add in apps, nice drinks, and some dessert, and you'll be set