Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 38

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone seeing the revolution tonight? I got some tickets in StubHub for 25 dollars each.

2. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Fuck, I did not expect Pinegrove to sell out, especially not that quickly. If anyone stumbles upon a spare ticket or two, I'll buy them from ya.

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

GO TO THE LYNHALL ASAP AND GET TREATS OMG I just had their lemon custard and it changed me. Lovely mocktails, immaculate sweets/pastries, a beautiful space, do yourselves a favor

4. Minusblue54

Regular

Holy shit. I've been on here 6 months and just found this thread. Intro i guess. Hi, stay out in brooklyn park, lived in north mpls as a kid. You'll find me metal shows often. If you were ever at station 4 when that was around there's a pretty good chance you've seen me. There's not many blind people running around at metal shows, so i stick out. Have a bunch of shows i'm going to, hit the what shows do you have coming up? Thread if you're curious which.

Danny likes this.
  5. Anyone else going to Blink on Wednesday?

6. Still deciding - I just saw them when they were here and I don't care about the opener at all - not sure if it's worth shelling out the cash and heading out to Mystic :/

If you would have told high school me that I was considering skipping a blink show he would have been pissed

7. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I need to get tickets for Fall Out Boy, The Killers, and Lorde holy dang.

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Hitting up TBS/ETID at first avenue on Thursday.

y2jayjk and popdisaster00 like this.
  9. Looks like rain in the forecast for the (outdoor) Blink show on Weds. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

yes, ETID (and TBS) for me too

11. coleslawed likes this.
  12. thethingis

Great, if only that wasn't way out in Woodbury

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. True, would be nice to put an Alamo in Minneapolis

14. Benny Burrito

Anyone from Minneapolis making the pilgrimage out to NYC for Dillinger's last show?

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Also another red cow is going up in green mills old location in uptown.

Ferrari333SP and coleslawed like this.
  16. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

A buddy of mine hosts a really great Mpls-based podcast that covers local breweries and MN sports as well as TV/Movies. Big Thrones fans, spend a lot of time covering it. Check them out!

The Nordeast Podcast

coleslawed likes this.
  17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Beck Thursday at the palace and k dot Saturday, good weekend of shows for me. Too bad my wallet disagrees.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. thethingis

Maybe it'll boost public transit ridership

popdisaster00 likes this.
  19. What'd you think of Beck? I was working the show and thought he was great. Didn't realize I would recognize as many songs as I did.

Wish I could be seeing Kendrick, but the family is coming to town and they're not fans, ha.

Anyone know of anything fun going on tonight? Kinda feel like doing something more exciting than drinking and playing Rocket League with the roommates...(Even though that's fun too)

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Man it was so good I thought, I'm not the biggest Beck fan, but how influential he is and how he tours maybe once every like five years I felt like i should go, definitely worth it. Kinda surprised he didn't play Gamma Ray though, that's one of my favorites. My friend was gonna go with her mom and sister, but two of the three tickets were scammed, I feel bad, but they will be getting refunded so that's good.

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Shows I'm considering going to this fall

Koan Sound - August 25th(Friday) - Skyway Theatre

Verite - August 29th(Tuesday) - 7th St Entry

Astrid S - September 23rd(Saturday) - 7th St. Entry

Gabrielle Aplin - September 23rd(Saturday) - Amsterdam Bar

Powertrip - September 30th(Saturday) - Skyway Theatre

Aquilo - October 11th(Wednesday) - 7th St Entry

Gryffin - October 12th(Thursday) - Fine Line

Iron & Wine - October 14th(Saturday) - Palace Theatre

PVRIS - October 21st(Saturday) - Skyway Theatre

LANY - October 23rd(Monday) - First Ave

Lewis Watson - October 27th(Friday) - Pantages Theatre

Kelela - November 5th(Sunday) - 7th St. Entry

23. thethingis

24. Ferrari333SP Aug 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2017)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

If any of you want to join a running club (free), you should try out Mill City Running club, run out of the Mill City Running store in northeast, near Surdyks. Meet every Tuesday and Wednesday at 6pm, and it has runners of every age, speed, weight, etc. Basically do a route along the river, running south to Stone Arch Bridge, across, and then north, usually crossing Plymouth bridge and running back along the river to the store. Usually free beer in the store after the runs too. Probably one of the biggest free running clubs in the city; I'm usually there every week, usually either Tuesday or Wednesday. Starting in September it'll only be Tuesdays, as I have grad school class on Wednesdays until 6pm