Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 33

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

OMG my offer doubly stands

Seigfried likes this.
  2. Cody

Did they fix their hood yet? Thought they were food free for awhile

3. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

Haha what's up? I didn't know you still posted on here tbh, though 90% of the time I'm in politics so that's probably why

4. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Last time I was there was like a week ago, everything was working then.

Cody likes this.
  5. Yeah I was at Hard Times a couple weeks ago, it was my first time actually eating there and omg their salsa rocks

Cody likes this.
  6. Cody

I'm rarely here, honestly. Just peep this thread and check for new albums a couple times a week. Ever since I got my new job and started playing more music/doing more performances of my own I've become much less music and forum-focused. What about yourself? I had no idea you were even law school age jesus how long have I known you now like a decade?

Also, I'll PM you my digits and stuff. I'll have all three of those afternoons somewhat open before work and maybe even an evening. We should really try and get together.

Seigfried likes this.
  7. Cody

Also, going to Bachelor Farmer on Tuesday. Super excited for that.

Also also, anybody make it to Stop Making Sense midnight screenings last weekend? I was not able to.

8. Cody

Last one, I promise, though I don't know how I didn't mention this already. Vince Staples is staying at the hotel I work at and I got to bring him room service tonight, lol. I think he's got a reservation for lunch tomorrow when I work, hope he's in my section, that would be too funny if I managed to somehow weasel my way onto the guest list or something

Mickey Avalon (aka the nicest dude in the world) was in last week too. That was fun, he ate dinner like three times, loved the place. Also think that Grant Achatz of Alinea is staying with us while he's in town for his thing with Spoon and Stable next month. Pretty cool that that's the type of place we're turning into

9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Supportive parents and the crash bandits are playing at the t rock Sunday night.

Should be a grimy, divey good time.

y2jayjk likes this.
  10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Thinking about it

11. MereReplication

Wooooo mpls/st paul!! Waiting for a pizza luce to be delivered. I'm drunk so I feel like this has to be posted.

12. Cody

Not drunk but also ordering Luce because it's just what I do all the time. Work until 2, order a za on the way home.

13. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

I'm assuming Mall of America is, like, the worst place in the world?

popdisaster00, GrantCloud and Cody like this.
  14. Cody

Yep! See it once, never go again.

15. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

Figured. What about the Midtown Global Market? Just from googling stuff that looks way more my speed

Also respond to my PM you dick

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

BurgerBurger is worth a trip to the mall.
    try to avoid it on a weekend, though.

17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

If you are able to go during the week and during the day it isn't THAT bad.

18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

may have an extra ticket for Deafheaven/This Will Destroy You tonight.

also, Tacocat is delicious/Eastlake has good beers (and board games).

19. thethingis Mar 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2017)
    thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I'd probly buy that ticket from you, wouldn't be there til a little after 9 though

20. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I was at MoA on Sunday and it wasn't bad at all. Saturday, though... oof.

I'm considering asking a fellow nerd on a date. Are there any outdoor places or arcade-y things or something anyone would recommend?

21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I've got a friend who's also interested, I'll keep you posted.

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

sundays are usually mellow unless it's rainy, then it becomes everyone's alternative, especially on holiday weekends (or spring break like right now).

Up/Down in Uptown is a fun adult arcade/bar, Punch Bowl Social was fun, too, but the arcade aspect was a lot smaller than I expected.
    Able brewery has an awesome patio and usually pretty good food trucks. Sociable Ciderworks, too, and their patio has bocce ball.

not outdoors, but the mini golf at MOA is actually a decent challenge.

lish likes this.
  23. DEAFHEAVENNNNN

Benny Burrito and coleslawed like this.
  24. Ayy Tim and Eric are coming!

coleslawed likes this.
  25. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Thanks for the suggestions!

Now it turns out that I have an extra ticket to Andrew McMahon tonight, if anyone wants it.