Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 32

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. I don't have a ticket yet. Arrrgh. Also might be going solo, will need to meet some of you there for new friendships

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yo, does anybody know if I have ANY chance in hell at getting a reservation at Piccolo this week? There can't be, right?

3. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Might be a long shot but if anyone didn't get American Football tickets, I have 2 I'd sell. It's 50/50 on if I'm able to go now. I paid $63 total with fees but would sell for like 55-60.

4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I'd definitely be interested if you decide to sell.

y2jayjk likes this.
  5. Happy Menzingers night!!!!

6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

go from a tornado watch yesterday evening to a small dusting of snow in plymouth this morning, the weather needs to quit toying with my emotions.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Sent you a pm!

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I've seen it, sorry I haven't replied yet!

9. alex miller

Regular

Anyone doing any St Patty's day festivities? It's my first St Patrick's day in MN but I heard it's cool. I'm going to the thing in St Paul. Don't really know what to expect-- co workers are making me go haha.

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

st. paul is pretty crazy on st pattys day but it is a pretty good time.

is anyone going to or considering soundset?

11. Cody

Icehouse's tasting menu is fucking insane. And it's only 50 bucks for ten courses.

12. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Some of you were talking about GLORIA recently

Well Webster is back at it and I just started listening to this and it's pretty good.

popdisaster00 and GrantCloud like this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

G3T YOUNG

14. GrantCloud likes this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

that was also some quality stuff

16. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Wait I liked them too. I have just an EP. Was there more?

17. I only have the EP

18. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

So I've been accepted to Minnesota-Twin Cities law school, and I'm going to their "admitted students weekend" the weekend of the 24th-26. I've never been to Minneapolis and so far haven't looked much into things to do or see while I'm there. I guess I'd be willing to check out some tourist-y stuff, but since it's more about contemplating me living there for at least several years, I want to know more about the "feel" of the city, I guess. Any help here?

Cody likes this.
  19. Anything specific you'd want to check out? As in, a concert, theatre, sports, etc.? There's a couple of cool shows going on at the Turf Club in St. Paul that weekend. Night Moves (indieish) on Friday and Amiensus (metal) on Saturday. Both from the area.

The Wild play that Saturday night too if you're a hockey fan!

If you dig through the thread some there's lots of good recommendations for food, too! For something we're kind of known for I'd say you should go get a Juicy Lucy at some point, it's a burger with the cheese on the inside if you aren't familiar. My personal favorite is from the Nook. Other good spots to check out are Bar la Grassa, Brasa, and Parlour.

My personal favorite spot to go have some drinks and food is the Triple Rock, it's also my favorite music venue in the city. That and Palmer's down the street are good spots to get cheap drinks and talk to interesting people.

A couple of cool record stores are the Electric Fetus and Extreme Noise.

Congrats on getting into law school btw! Let us know if you have anything more specific you're looking to do, I think we're all happy to help!

popdisaster00 likes this.
  20. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I go to school next door to the law school; Town Hall, Republic, Acadia, Hard Times, Red Sea, West Bank Diner all have good food/drinks near there (RIP Afro Deli Riverside location). Lots of students I know live in Seward or Uptown neighborhoods if you wanna explore those, though obviously there's a ton more to see besides those two. Take the green line light rail to St Paul, or the blue line to Minnehaha Falls. Go check out Northeast Minneapolis, or Loring Park. Walk across the stone arch bridge. Some of it's kinda tourist-y or maybe just not your style, but there's more than a weekend's worth of things to see while you're here.

21. Cody

You got a lunch bud in me that weekend if you want one

22. Cody

I'm 100% north loop at this point so I could show you around there

23. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

Hmm nothing specific I guess. Not big on sports, and already partially aware that there's apparently a good music / comedy scene there. My biggest interests are music, film/tv, literature, and comedy, so any notable spots related to that stuff would at the very least be on a list for me to potentially check out (I'm also a vegetarian so irt restaurants I'm probably going to have to pass on a lot of options haha. That burger sounds amazing tho)

Thanks a lot!

Um I'm assuming you're Indoor Living Cody? Because this is actually BornUnderPunches Alex lol

Cody likes this.
  24. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Hard Times is 100% veggie btw (also cash only), Uptown Theater shows prestige/indie stuff but I like Lagoon and St Anthony Main theaters as well.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh and eat at brasa in NE