Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin Cities) Location • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Danny, Apr 5, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

need to get involved in some bar trivia.

2. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Let's all make a team then; The Republic sounds cool

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

You should probably go to a place where you'll have a chance to win. ;)

4. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone going to any of the Purple Rain screenings? I am tomorrow night.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Where are they showing them?

6. Probably won't be able to check out the screenings, but I AM seeing Beach Slang tonight so I can't complain

7. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I received an email from Marcus because I am near one but I did read over the weekend that AMC and others are doing them as well.

8. Cody

Anybody else wanna meet up next month at either the IIOI/TWIABP/Pinegrove show at Triple Rock or Hotelier at the Garage?

popdisaster00 likes this.
  9. Won't be at either of those but I'm down for a meetup at either of the first two MCS shows in June!

Cody Nelson likes this.
  10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

my gf and i will be there for the hotelier!

Cody Nelson likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm waiting for Lucy Rose to come back to Minneapolis

12. I'd be up to hang out at the Hotelier show! I was really hoping to make that IIOI show but I have another thing I have to go to unfortunately.

13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

if by next month you mean next week (I know, it'll be may then), then yes, I should be at the Triple Rock. need to snag a tour edition of Harmlessness.

14. GhostOverground

Oooh I'm late to the party but just found this MSP thread. I'll be at the Hotelier for sure, though I'm a little resentful that I have to drive to Burnsville, haha.

Danny and popdisaster00 like this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

haha i actually live like 3 blocks from there, love that place. cafe maude is down the road and i love that place too.

for drinks i generally frequent lynlake brewery or the vfw hall next door, otherwise im at either dunn bros or spyhouse while not working.

16. We live in the same hood! I'm in Fulton

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

small world! yeah im over at 55th and vincent, i love the area. i moved here from loring park last august and easily the best decision living situation wise i have made. LP is just too busy and congested for me, haha.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  18. Dope! I'm 50th And penn. great area all around.

19. It's been discussed a bit in here, but my roommates and I are doing a little Food Network-esque show where we try a new pizza place every week and make a short video about it and toss it on Youtube. It's mainly just for our own amusement, but we'd love to somehow get enough views to get us some free pizza or something haha. Anyway, we're aware of the main spots that people always recommend (Punch, Lola, Luce, etc.) but if any of you have spots you love I'd love to hear about them!

coleslawed and GrantCloud like this.
  20. Red wagon is a newer place close to Lola. Also Hello Pizza is good by the slice 'za

GrantCloud and Danny like this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

red savoy is pretty good and has a few locations in metro, i have only ate the one on hennepin though. it is kitty corner from spyhouse.

Danny and popdisaster00 like this.
  22. Also, speaking of my dumb little project, it would be awesome for us to all share things we're involved with! Like, bands, art shows, podcasts, comedy, etc.!

Personally, I'm in a band with some friends, we're finally starting to write some of our own stuff and venture away from just playing cover songs. Anyone else playing music or anything? I'd love to check out/support fellow Chorusers!

23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i have a buddy that does improv every wednesday at HUGE for the next month, so i have seen that a few times. but for shows i generally go to Icehouse, or first avenue obviously. haha

24. Cody

Haha, I'm doing improv every Wednesday there through July. What group is your friend in?

Also, doing the funniest person contest at Acme next month so that should be fun!

Also also, checking in from NE Minne. 4th and Lowry represent!

popdisaster00 and Danny like this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

its phil in the group JORTS! that is pretty crazy, haha.

Cody Nelson likes this.