Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miniature Tigers Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by angel paste, Aug 1, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Oh god I think this opening track is absolutely horrendous, I really hate it. Luckily it gets better overall here. Pictures of You is pretty fun, Nobody Else is nice.... overall just not really a fan of this :shrugggggg:

2. BKO5950505

Regular

Love Volcano and Cruel. Barring Coyote Enchantment, really like Fortress. Barring Boomerang, can't really get into Mia. Like the new album thus far. Saw them live for the first time a couple weeks ago: dance party.

Solid band.

3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Totally agree with this. And it's nice to have something to listen to in the fall that fits the season but isn't so dark and brooding.

4. irthesteve

5. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

6. irthesteve

Christmas song from singer of this band and Sam Means

7. angel paste

nah the singers name is charlie i think that's the bassist???

8. MrAirplane

Trusted

In response to the comment above from 6 years ago, Miniature Tigers at its core has always been Charlie Brand (guitar and vocals) & Rick Schaier (drums and harmonies). All other members have changed over time. While Rick isn't "the" singer, he does sing a lot of harmonies and sings lead for the second verse on LP2 and LP3 closers (Coyote Enchantment, Husbands and Wives) and maybe elsewhere.

Since this thread was last updated, they put out an album in 2019 (Vampires in the Daylight), a few random singles in 2020, and they are currently working on LP7.

Anyway, I'm bumping this thread because I've been really into Rick's music recently and it doesn't seem to get any attention on this site. He used to go by 'Alvin Band' but now he releases as 'Rick Alvin'. I'd highly recommend checking him out.

first and best album - Mantis Preying

my favorite song since then - "Goodbye Alvin"

angel paste likes this.
  9. angel paste

Been waiting for lp7 and promises ltd for so long, idk if they're ever coming tbh

smowashere and MrAirplane like this.
  10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Tell It To The Volcano and FORTRESS are truly so, so, so damn underrated.

MrAirplane likes this.
  11. angel paste

Mia Pharaoh and Cruel Runnings are criminally underrated as well

12. MrAirplane

Trusted

I liked Mia Pharaoh but nowhere near as much as the first two albums. In general I didn't love the transition to more synth and falsetto so I never really spent time with any albums after that. What's the best album post-Fortress?

13. angel paste

I'd say it's a toss up between Mia Pharaoh and Cruel Runnings lol. Cruel Runnings is more retro synth pop done to perfection, Mia Pharaoh is just one of the best pop albums of all time imo lol

MrAirplane likes this.
  14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Can we just turn this into an overall Mini Tigs thread?

15. angel paste

Yes! Once I figure out how to lol

Excited to hear the new song

smowashere likes this.
  16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Hadn’t thought of this band since the last time I posted in here, so I definitely missed some projects. New song is good! Love the verses more than the chorus, they actually remind me of Camp Trash in a weird way?

smowashere likes this.
  17. angel paste

Yeah new song is a banger, reminds me of sugar ray and weezer combined lol