Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miniature Tigers Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by angel paste, Aug 1, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

came here to check out some mini tigers, ended up going down the sugar ray youtube rabbit hole.

angel paste likes this.
  2. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

it's dark down there

3. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you OK? Do you need to speak to someone?

4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Would definitely recommend giving the most recent one "Cruel Runnings" another listen. Def the most like their debut imo.

angel paste likes this.
  5. tacobelle

New track out~

angel paste likes this.
  6. angel paste

p chill track

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I went back and listened to the four albums again. Still love Volcano the most and the rest in reverse chronological order haha. I really dislike the tongue-in-cheek type singles "Sex on the Regular" and "Used To Be The Shit" but I really like the more genuine feeling versions of those styles in "Bommerang" and "Swimming Pool Blues"

anyway I'll give this a listen, I hope it beats the trend of me liking each album less and less

8. angel paste

Sex on The Reg and Used To Be The Shit are some of my favorite songs of theirs lol

"Our love was warm like a VHS tape of Aladdin
    Now our loves so cold, a laser disk of Cruel Intentions"

is one of the best lyrics I know lol

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's funny, but I also just think it's dumb :-////////////

10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Not a fan of UTBTS Big I dig Sex on the Regular. One of the few songs off Mia Pharoah that I enjoy

11. tacobelle

Just out of curiousity, did anyone snag Charlie's solo album?

12. angel paste

Yes I did, one of my favorite albums. Really good vibe to it and some of his best songs.

13. tacobelle

~drip drip~

14. angel paste

wow this album is somehow way better than I thought it'd be. all the songs they didn't release as singles make the singles make way more sense in context and flow really well into each other.

Also Before You is an incredible song and I really didn't expect something like that.

top 5 of the year for sure

15. tacobelle

I went into this thing totally fresh and I'm so intrigued by the vastly different approach this thing takes. They took the cowboy motif and went in such an interesting place with it. It's like a folk album with deep south influences and some synths instrumentation lightly sprinkled in. Whereas Runnings and Pharoah only really steep in funk/80's pop stylings, this feels like a hybrid of the back half of Fortress and Brand's solo record, meaning a plethora of cool little things are going on. The lyrics read way more personal and they do something similar with sampling ala Frasier Ave and go as far as to incorporate that into the hook of a certain track, and it winds up sounding rad. This will get slept on, most assuredly, but if you're someone in the know, please give this thing a spin. If Mia Pharoah is a spring tape and Cruel Runnings is a summer tape, than Cowboy is their fall tape.

angel paste likes this.
  16. angel paste

Yeah, the song writing it self on some of the songs reminds me a lot of Cruel Runnings (especially Dreaming/Crying In The Sunshine) but with a lot more country thrown in. This also might be their most guitar heavy album. The acoustic guitar sounds phenomenal on every single song (especially Wish It Was Now).

17. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This isn't doing too much for me. The album has a cool vibe but none of the individual songs really stand out to me except for Nobody Else, which I like quite a bit.

18. angel paste

really a shame more people won't be paying attention to this, they're really missing out. such solid pop sensibilities with interesting production and arrangements all laid out in a cohesive manor with a natural flow and progression to each song on the album. maybe there's just something about his writing style that really does it for me but it honestly blows me away that they get slept on so much.

dreaming into the title track into wish it was now is an amazing run. I can't even pick a favorite from this album though it's all so good and necessary.

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Didn't have high expectations going into this, but this is one of the best albums in the genre to come out in the past month or so.

angel paste likes this.
  20. angel paste

what genre even is this? "pop" is the only term that can really fit them but they pull from so many different places

21. StevenW92

Regular

I'd totally forgotten this band existed. Completely missed their last album. This is really good.

angel paste likes this.
  22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Indie pop, probably. Whatever the genre is called where any given song wouldn't sound out of place on Sirius's Alt Nation station.

23. angel paste

idk about that, i guess maybe crying in the sunshine or before you would but the production and vibe on most song would sound really out of place

24. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Maybe not like the really synth driven pop stuff, but I don't think it's all that far off from like Local Natives or Tokyo Police Club, which they play.

25. angel paste

i guessssss, i don't really listen to them that much though.