Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mindhunter (Netflix) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 2, 2017.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It's going to be almost entirely about that ratfuck Greg

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Anna Torv is so effin sexy. I completely forgot from my fringe days.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

show is perfect

astereo likes this.
  4. Jusscali

I def feel like I was into season one (the new factor?) but I do love it in general. That crime was wild...can’t believe there are so many loose ends

5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I knew there was controversy around Wayne Williams being the Atlanta Child Murderer, and I feel like Holden's attitude throughout the case was a stand in for how naive a lot of white folks were/are about the justice system

6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Also, I feel pretty bad for Bill. Things were obviously tense with him and Nancy but I didn't expect that ending

The actress playing Nancy is pretty damn good. Those dueling emotions of "This is my son and I would do anything for him" vs "people are born bad and I didn't cause this, thank God"

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm six episodes in. I'm not gonna lie, I loved 1-3 but 4-6 are starting to lose me. Hoping the last three reel me back in.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I also thought the middle sort of dragged, last couple episodes are real good though

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

To be honest, I was surprised at how uninterested I was getting during this stretch. The whole ATL storyline and Wendy and Greg doing interviews and the Brian drama seem to get pretty repetitive and kind of loses its flavor for a little bit.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I felt the same way about season one. First few are so good and then it kind of drags and then the end is usually interesting again. They need to figure out what to do with the characters as complete people and not just how they relate to the story.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve been glued the whole time

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I know we talked about Manson and Berkowitz already, but they also really nailed the look for Wayne Williams. I wonder how close his voice was too, he had such an interesting tone in the show.

I Am Mick likes this.
  13. Uhh am I the only one that thinks the reveal at the end of episode 4 is stupid

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope, I mentioned that while watching. It’s without a doubt my least favorite thing they’ve ever done. Really hope they drop that for three like they dropped stuff from one that didn’t work.

spiffa0 likes this.
  15. I get this is the 70s or the 80s but the anti gay stuff sucks and I feel bad for Wendy

BirdPerson likes this.
  16. Jusscali

Wait, what reveal? I can’t remember that far back lol

17. tench's kid was involved in that murder

18. Jusscali

Ohhhh yeah that was a big one lol.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

About Brian.

I hate it because they could have introduced something really subtle and powerful about Bill profiling his own kid/fighting to keep his work life out of his family/fearing that he’s ignoring warning signs because it’s his son (or being paranoid and hurting him more), but instead they just went full soapy pulp nonsense and made him involved in something WAY too serious right off the bat. It pulled me completely out of a story that had up to that point been a pretty realistic fictionalization.

BirdPerson, Whalejaw and spiffa0 like this.
  20. I have to imagine child evaluation during this time period was absolute nonsense

Jusscali likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, as much as they focused on how problematic and full of holes the main profiling ultimately is, the show seemed to really lean in on the idea that we should take what they say at face value about kids. The total failure of basically every adult involved was believable, it just sucked that it was framed in a story so completely opposite to everything else they’ve done so far.

22. Jusscali

Child psych in general in concert to juvenile offenders didn’t become a thing until the mid to late 80s I believe

23. Jusscali

I agree the subtle approach would have been far more intriguing.

spiffa0 likes this.
  24. It's really cool that the same person played Manson in this and once upon a time. But he will always be Dewey Crowe to me.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't mind the stuff about Tench's son It's been a slow build to this, and I think it's a very interesting subject to cover. My only complaint is maybe taking too much time? It's glacial pace is ultimately boring, and maybe if you're watching the series as a whole (when/if it's finished) it'll work but even getting those seasons isn't a guarantee.