Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mindhunter (Netflix) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 2, 2017.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also there’s something super uncanny valley about Berkowitz.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

pretty sure its the eyelashes. They're super light, it looks like he doesn't have any. It looks especially weird with his dark hair

that actor was great though. Great performances from all the killers so far

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I think it’s the eyes in general. I’m pretty sure the actor had brown eyes so the combo of really light contacts and eyelashes just seems otherworldly.

Agreed that the killers have been a lot better than last year overall. I just want more Kemper.

Also this has the awful color that a lot of Netflix shows seem to have where everyone is yellow and it’s really distracting.

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Looks like every other Fincher movie to me? He has had a pretty consistent look/lighting for a while

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Season one didn’t look like this. It’s most noticeable with Wendy.

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

She's drinking too much white wine, maybe she's yellow with liver failure.

I'll have to go back and rewatch some of season 1 but I didn't notice it so far

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

ITYSL had the same problem. It wasn’t in every scene but when it came up they all looked awful. The third episode is better with it so far.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

OH MY GOD lol reddit is already on the case apparently. Whoever was in charge of her foundation missed the boat.
    AE980739-DF2B-47CD-B342-BD01610FC3B7.jpeg

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

ha. Yeah. That's bad. I haven't noticed it.

I'm sticking to my liver failure theory, at least until i finish the new season

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also is Nate Corddry going to turn out to be a killer or am I only wary because he always plays total creeps?

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really not into the plot with Bill’s son.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

(I'm still only 4 or 5 episodes in) I understand why that's in there, it's likely going to get Tench to start seriously questioning shit about their practices in in profiling. But yeah, it's sort of meh at the moment. Honestly, the situation is super fucked, but the way they've handled it so far is odd. I appreciate them not going over the top and dramatic with it, but it's also kind of underselling how fucked it actually is. I'm hoping they make it worth it. (don't tell me)

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m only a bit into five so not beyond you yet. One of my least favorite things in general is when shows or movies about real stories add in super over the top storylines that only exist for drama and upping the shock factor, and this is definitely hitting that area. The real stuff is so interesting without going off on tangents.

14. EASheartsVinyl Aug 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2019)
    EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Kemper is here and now all is right with the show again.
    EDIT: And woooooow Manson looks good.

HalfHearted likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Got through 4 episodes on a flight. Wow - that 4th episode ending reveal was a punch in the gut.

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

Just finished the season. Personally I find the Brian stuff compelling. Also had no idea BTK wasn’t caught until 2005.

astereo likes this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah, knowing that they’ll be hunting fruitlessly for the entirety of the series is so heartbreaking. There’s little easter eggs in the dialogue too like when Bill is in the truck and says, “This guy doesn’t go to church.” The cracks in their profiling are really starting to form this season.

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

ending was so dark. loved it.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Every time they call for Jim Barney I think they’re saying Jim Varney and I get excited.

BirdPerson likes this.
  20. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

end of episode four...WHAT THE FUCK

chewbacca110 and flask like this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it. This definitely felt more like a shift to Tench being the "main" character with Wendy and Holden kind of taking the backseat. It's also funny how pretty much everyone agrees that Holden is an asshole.

the ending is sort of a bummer since it doesn't really wrap anything up, while hinting that the real suspect is still on the loose and there is an internal cover up. I know this needs to follow the real life narrative, but it was a bummer to tease something that will never be answered.
    Can't wait for Season 3 (assuming there will be one, Netflix seems to be cancel happy lately but I feel like the prestige of having Fincher on the service will keep it around)

22. Syre Dream

Regular

I bet we get a season 3 but i'm pretty positive that will be it.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, and I'd be okay with that. I don't know how much longer they can tease BTK before really delving into him. A season 3 that spans decades could be interesting.

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I kind of hope we end before the modern era because I’m super iffy on bringing age makeup into the story in a major way. There was an article recently that said Fincher has five seasons in mind, and I think they could get into some fun stuff with that length of time. I just hope the negative aspects get ironed out eventually, because both seasons so far have had specific problems dragging down what is otherwise really incredible.

25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I’m more intrigued and interested by Holden. As much as I like tench I think it takes away from what I enjoyed most if season one. Wonder if the third season will put Wendy in front?