Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mindhunter (Netflix) TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Agree on the point of Bill's son. The only thing that would change my mind on that is if that aspect of S2 was just the necessary foundation for some big payoff where Bill's son becomes some version of a tormented adult in another season. Could be a slow play on that still as people have said here earlier.

2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I really don’t have any complaints aside from wishing there was one more episode focusing on interviews in season 2 and generally disliking Greg

3. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I agree it was a little boring, but I think it added a really nice dynamic to a lot of Bill's other interactions during the season. Bill wrestling with the fact that a lot of the people they are tracking displayed a lot of the same issues his kid did was one of the highlights of the season (especially the Manson interview).

I don't think it actually needs a payoff where the kid grows up to be a killer. If anything, the kid growing up to *not* be a killer is more interesting. Because it forces you to consider the validity of the profiling they are doing.

4. Serenity Now

Fair point. Hadn't thought of that, but now I like the idea of that turnaround even better...

5. Maverick

Trusted

I was a little worried Netflix might not pick this up but I read an article that they’re apparently just waiting for David Fincher to finish his movie (About the Citizen Kane screenwriter) before officially renewing the show. So it’s likely but we’ll probably have to wait a little longer for it.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, saw the same thing. Really wish Oldman wasn’t attached to that movie but I’m happy that it sounds like this is just on pause.

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I kind of wish they didn't commit to this 5 season plan because, at this pace, I have a very hard time believing we'll see the conclusion. At this rate, we're getting a new season every 2 years. We'll probably all be dead in 6 years

imthesheriff and Jusscali like this.
  8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

This can end and make room for a Hannibal return in a year or two

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

They can renew the show whenever regardless of when production’s gonna start so I’m not totally buying that

imthesheriff likes this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I don’t get waiting to renew based on Fincher working on something else.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Maybe they still need to work out his deal and he doesn’t want to negotiate that while directing a movie

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s basically what the article said. It’s the talk that’s on hold, and I would assume that if anyone would be allowed to put Netflix on pause it would be Fincher.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

What the hell

14. Netflix sucks

waking season likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s basically where we were with the last update, only now they are free to do other things while we wait. That “Mindhunter has been cancelled after two seasons” preview is pretty infuriating since the article specifically confirms that is NOT the case.

I Am Mick, Maverick and spiffa0 like this.
  16. Serenity Now

Damnit

17. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Even if they still plan to do a season 3 eventually, it’s infinitely more difficult to get the cast together again now. And that quote from the Netflix rep makes it sound like season 3 is far from a sure thing.

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

THIS.

This is a positive thing (for the actors...). Fincher admitted he wouldn't get around to the third season for some time and felt it was unfair to hold the stars hostage to a contract that prevented them from exploring other options.

This isn't a "fuck netflix" thing at all. Kind of the opposite. But I'm sad that the wait for the next season is gona be looonnnggg.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hmmm. Guess I should read the article glad other people did cuz that headline sucked

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

basing your opinions/emotions solely on a headline is literally always a bad idea

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fucked up

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I've never seen a more irresponsible subheader to an article when the very first paragraph contrasts it.

23. zachmacD Jan 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

This sucks. I absolutely adore this show, but this gives me more of a reason to binge watch both seasons again. I was going to wait until season 3 was announced.

24. I hope S3 does happen eventually. I love this show, for the most part.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't understand why they can't go on without Fincher, he directs 4 episodes a season but doesn't write or run the show.

drewinseries and zachmacD like this.