Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mindhunter (Netflix) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 2, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I’m through the first two episodes of Season 2, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised to see Fincher back directing a few episodes.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

He does the first 4

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The show is inspired by real characters and what cases were big for them, the serial killers are real, and the generation and profession it takes place in sets the stage for ‘normal’ at the time (and the FBI also has a reputation at the time).

The show is really about developing profiling. It’s not criminal minds, where stories get solved. I felt the new season got too personal for certain characters. The interviews are the best part of the show, but the field research is also interesting. I give the show lots of credit for slowly developing BTK, and I thought I saw they have hopes for 5 seasons of the show. At this pace, doubt Netflix will go for that.

4. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

finished season 2 and thought it was fantastic, a bit different in dynamics than season 1 but that didnt bother me at all and in fact I enjoyed it. interested to see if the show does last 5 seasons, what they end up doing with BTK

5. Finally finished S2. I was more into S1, but this show is still great. I didn't care much for the personal subplots with Tench's family and Wendy's relationship. My favorite interview was probably Son of Sam in ep2.

.K. likes this.
  6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I felt 100% same as your statement. This show is about the long game, so I hope the get to finish their 5 year story arc and the last season covers BTK.

Joe likes this.
  7. If season 1 was an A, this season was maybe a B-

Jusscali likes this.
  8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Finished season one and on episode 3 of season 2. Been enjoyable so far. But is it just me or is there barrel distortion on most of season two? Every time they are in an office or room and you see the door frame, the lines aren’t straight. Or I’m going crazy

9. drewinseries

Drew

Serenity Now likes this.
  10. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah season 2 was good, little more boring for sure. I think it was from the lack of interviews.

.K. likes this.
  11. Maverick

Trusted

Really enjoyed these two seasons. First season I was a little annoyed at the cold openings involving BTK cause I expected a payoff but now I know to be patient and to just go along for the ride. The only stuff I didn’t care much for was the personal stuff with the characters (Aside from Tench, which I found pretty heartbreaking)

As much as I’d like to see more action from Holden and Tench on the field I think that when it comes it’ll be worth it, which I’m assuming BTK is leading up to.. even if it takes 5 seasons to get there.

drewinseries likes this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

I agree, I really enjoyed Bill's home life issues, though I thought Wendy's was less interesting, and would rather have focused more on her and Greg's interview issues.

It was smart to do Bill's story that way since he/we are a lens to be weary of the future for Brian.

Maverick likes this.
  13. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

loved the second season. can't honestly compare it to the first season cause I only watched the first season once and that's when it came out. I enjoy this show a lot and I hope it gets renewed soon.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished season 1 and the use of In the Light was perfect

15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I loved the first season. Struggling to finish the second.

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

second is better than the first but it probably should have been one more episode of case of the week and one less of the serialized atlanta story towards the end

Fronnyfron likes this.
  17. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I care about these characters more than I realized. They all had excellent development this season. Hope they can keep up this quality for the long haul.

waking season likes this.
  18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Feel like it’s bad that it’s been 2.5 months and this still isn’t renewed

19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I could do without the office politics stuff.

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I have a very hard time believing Netflix would risk getting on Finchers bad side, especially since he's directing an upcoming movie for them. This will be definitely be renewed

21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Just finished S2

Going with a case that didn't have a satisfying ending was certainly a bold choice. I think it works. I like that it doesn't portray the FBI as blameless white knights. (Though Holden and Tench do get a bit too much heroificiation)
    I feel like one more season of this would be good. Idk in the forumla can sustain much past that. But certainly would be a giant shame if we don't get another season based on how this one ended.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

bold choice yes, and also truer to real life. that earns this season bonus points from me. especially when you consider how many crime dramas are out there portraying the falsehood that most cases tie up nicely & the right person is brought to justice

23. imthegrimace

I finally finished season 2 a couple days ago. I enjoyed season 1 way more.

Jusscali likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m assuming the five season plan Holt mentioned is still on the table at this point. Not sure why they haven’t announced renewal yet but I’d be surprised if this one got cut. Of course Netflix has been making bad decision after bad decision lately, so I probably shouldn’t have as much faith in them about this as I do.

I haven’t thought about season two as much since I finished it as I thought about season one. The main story stuck with me some, but my biggest wish for next season is for them to figure out how to write the personal stories as well as they do the interviews and crime aspects. Time away hasn’t done anything except make every one of those plots feel more tedious to me.

a nice person and imthesheriff like this.
  25. imthegrimace

Yeah everything with Bill’s son was boring and felt unnecessary.

a nice person and EASheartsVinyl like this.