Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mindhunter (Netflix) TV Show • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 2, 2017.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Disagree about it being a slow build. Maybe foreshadowed in some ways that they might bring up the fear, but I think it’s hilarious that everything about the show has been intentionally slow-moving and then they decide to have BABY CRUCIFIXION out of nowhere.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

They've been hinting that Brian has had some psychological issues since his family has been introduced? It's been a while since I watched the first season, I could be wrong. But I didn't feel like this came out of nowhere.

3. I just hate the fact that Wendy has to hide her sexuality. The party is fucking weird.

BirdPerson likes this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s what I meant by foreshadowed, but there’s a huge gap between “child with possible psychological issues” and literal Manson child instigating murder and desecration. Like there are so many things they could have done between point A and B and instead it comes off like something from a cheesy horror movie, especially since it’s specifically a main character’s kid instead of someone on the fringes who could slip through the cracks.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

they literally go out of the way to show the child psychologist is a loser who gets sidetracked by the mention of manson.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I forget did they ever mention why this toddler was alone with these boys? And how did he die again?

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just finished.

I feel like the second half of season 2 took a complete 180. I loved S1 and the first 3 episodes of season 2 were great and then it kind of came to a halt for me.

The last couple of episodes were OK but overall I feel kind of frustrated with repetitive storylines and things being dragged out for way too much of the season. Didn’t love the second half at all.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m about to be on ep8, and it’s weird seeing a lot of posts like it got boring. I’ve been obsessed through out. Show just nails all the dialogue, and Tench/Holden have such a great dynamic.

astereo likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I didn't hate it...I'm just surprised at how much I enjoyed the first 13 eps of the series and then it kind of got dull & repetitive. I look forward to S3 and I'd still recommend this show to people but i just thought the second half of S2 lost a lot of momentum.

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Suffocation.

I felt like season two was good but was missing the creepy vibe of the first season that I loved so much. Obviously all the BTK stuff is unnerving but it’s always just the tiniest taste of the fucked up mind of a serial killer.

11. Serenity Now Aug 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 25, 2019)
    Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just finished S2. I am thrilled and frustrated with how "real" they were about the ending of plot line with the Atlanta Monster. What a shame for those families involved with those unsolved murders.

Cameron and chewbacca110 like this.
  12. Serenity Now

If they get the chance to take this series a few decades into the future, they could do something wild with Bryan and how he turns out. That idea excites me and would make the groundwork laid out in S2 more worth it.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  13. Serenity Now

One thing's for sure, the opening and closing scene of this season are phenomenal.

phaynes12 likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Alright finished. I need s3 ASAP

Very iffy on how I feel about the case. The show version, and real. So was the part about Wayne holding that interview, and the going after the mayor true??

It’s very depressing knowing that the other cases faded away. Partly due to the show making it feel like it was for sure him. Now I need to read up on the case.

astereo likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

You know what era this takes place in yes?

.K. and astereo like this.
  16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It's pretty bold of them to focus on a case that ultimately was never solved, but it's also pretty cool of them to bring attention to an unsolved case and also show how realistically shit just doesn't work out.

Wendy having to hide her sexuality is a fucking bummer, and also the way they treat Holden's panic disorder.

17. I Am Mick Aug 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 25, 2019)
    I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Doesn't make it less fucked?

(Edit) SORRY I’m not accusing you of anything. I’m kind of fucked up and didn’t think this response through. I know you’re a good one.

Cameron likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I like that they have gotten into how murky all of it is instead of going for easy stories to translate to TV or presenting the profilers as infallible heroes.

Cameron likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sorry I’m confused I was referring to the fact how being a lesbian back then was frowned upon. If I’m mistaken or ill informed my mistake

20. Serenity Now

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Eh it’s not even really spoiler-y

22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’m really surprised this hasn’t been picked up already. Seems like the week it came out it was the only thing anyone talked about Everywhere I went.

astereo likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My bad I didn’t see the other post