Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miley Cyrus Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 4, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

good lord, haha

2. irthesteve

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen Sep 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 24, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Just watched Younger Now from the BBC Live Lounge, and I thought it sounded really fantastic. I really like that song. It gives me serious Fleetwood Mac vibes for some reason. Still need to watch the rest of them. I hope when she tours she does a more stripped back style like that. I think it better suits her voice when she's not trying to fight to be heard of the music. She also promised an acoustic style tour after Bangerz that never happened, so I'm waiting.

5. irthesteve

"Rainbowland" is a truly terrible song, sorry Dolly/Miley.

The rest of this album is totally.... fine, haha. It's kinda the definition of "vanilla" and doesn't stray away from the vibe of the first two songs, at all.

6. goation

Regular

Loved Bangerz and am honestly not too excited for the direction she says she is going for. Bout to check it out tho

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm sure I'll like it. Younger Now grew on me a lot. One of my favorite songs of hers period now. Still love Malibu. Weekend Without You was pretty eh, and Inspired is fine. Probably won't top Bangerz or the highs of Dead Petz, but I'm sure it'll be enjoyable for a month or two.

And if it gets me a stripped down Miley tour like those Live Lounge videos, then I'm all for it.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Maybe I'm just easily tricked, but I really do buy everything she says, especially in this interview.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

10. irthesteve

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Can't say it's not really confusing to me to see Adam Sandler doing something like that but ok.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yikes, this only opened with 45k (33k traditional sales). I wasn't expecting it to light the charts on fire, but I thought at least 65k.

13. irthesteve

I guess sometimes one single can't carry a whole album, which isn't a very good album

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. irthesteve

I'm a fan of the pairing

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I could definitely get down with a sad Miley Cyrus album. Anything has to be better than the last one (Younger Now and Malibu I still love, but the rest of the album did not hold my interest even a little.)

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hope we get angsty Miley back then cause can't be tamed was underrated af

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

20. irthesteve

Anything is better than Younger Now

21. irthesteve

Miley and Mark Ronson are performing together on the Graham Norton show Dec 7, looks like she's about to start things back up again

22. irthesteve

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Got high hopes for this one. Hopefully it doesn’t sound too disjointed with all those styles. I’d love her to work with Jack Antonoff one day, I feel like he could bring some good stuff out of her. Then again I think Jack could bring good stuff out of anyone.

24. irthesteve

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Miley honestly sings unlike anyone else. I’m constantly in awe