Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miley Cyrus Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 4, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I will continue to defend her, for the most part, because even though I think she's taken some really calculated steps (Bangerz clearly was meant to destroy her Hannah Montana image; this album is clearly meant to be her "I'm just a normal girl again" album), my gut feeling is still that she's being genuine and reflecting who she is at the time (even if she exaggerates it a little). Also Dead Petz was not strategic, there was no benefit to her other than turning off like 80% of her fan base. I really enjoyed it and think it was cool she did something like that.

So I completely get why people are turned off by her or just don't feel it, but for some reason, I just don't feel that way at all.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

She's kinda lost me now but idgaf what anyone says, the Can't Be Tamed era was nearly flawless and is an underappreciated era. One of my favorite albums and every time I need inspo to work out I look at pics of her from that tour lol. I thought Can't Be Tamed and Robot were perfect breakout from Disney songs.

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i mean i also think she has a horrible voice so im predisposed to not like her anyway, although some of bangerz was good and most of cant be tamed was good too

4. Kiana

Her voice doesn't grate on me personally but there are times where I'm listening to her and I'm like... I see how normal human ears would be bothered by this lol

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really do have to give Can't Be Tamed a listen. Cus I run around saying I'm a fan, but I've honestly never listened to it all the way through cus I thought I was too cool to listen to pop when it came out (lol).

6. Kiana

I think miley believes she's being genuine but I also think its sus af when artists use black culture to "grow up" their image or be controversial. It's transparent and very intentional and bs when they think they can take it on and off to suit their needs. Miley was always my fave Disney kid but I'm waiting on her to recognise what she did. Won't hold my breath tho lol

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

decided to catch up on pop music....holy shit this was awful. on so many levels, i hated this.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

And I won't defend her for that. She definitely has not handled any of that well at all.

9. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Can't Be Tamed is definitely worth the listen. It's very of its era and a very fuck you to Disney sort of record, but it's fun. Permanent December is one of my fave Miley songs.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

of course she wrote a song about the bees dying

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Hahahaha the whole song was a little cringey, but that whole first verse. Oof.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's half adorable half bad

13. Kiana May 26, 2017
    (Last edited: May 26, 2017)
    Kiana

I actually like Malibu but I don't like this song. Her lyrics are weird this era. It reminds me of a preschooler telling me a story. She smushes a bunch of words into one line.

Her performance at the BBMAs was weird too. She just started like belting but she didn't earn it. There wasn't any build up to a climax. She just started yelling at me and idk why

14. irthesteve

it was more like howling honetly, or yelping, maybe yodel if we're being nice

Kiana likes this.
  15. Kiana

I like her and all but she's been serving bleating goat hardcore this era

irthesteve likes this.
  16. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

this song is insane but she sounds really, really good, so there's that.

17. irthesteve

Younger Now, album out Sept 29

[​IMG]

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Louder Now

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Didn't feel one way or another about Inspired, but I still think Malibu was great, so I'm excited for this.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. irthesteve

22. irthesteve

this one is so bad

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like it more than Inspired, but not as much as Malibu.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

She's still being Miley

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

lol amazing

JRGComedy and mattfreaksmeout like this.