Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miley Cyrus Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 4, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

VERY excited at the prospect of three Ronson tracks

2. irthesteve

beachdude and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  3. irthesteve

beachdude likes this.
  4. irthesteve

This is going to be her best album, no question. The Dua song is excellent, the Billy Idol song leaked and it's GREAT

beachdude likes this.
  5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Ah that’s the one I definitely want to hear ASAP

6. irthesteve

@Contender DM me if you want it, unless you want to just wait for the album

7. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I get no joy in waiting lol

irthesteve likes this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

God I was already hyped but this has me even more excited. Miley and Dua work so good together

irthesteve likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

And Night Crawling is the best of them all, I’m so happy she didn’t actually wait until she could tour to release this

irthesteve likes this.
  10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

wowww this song rules

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Midnight Sky amazing. Best Miley song in ages (not that other songs weren't good). Didn't dig prisoners though.

Obviously everyone is digging this look/persona

12. irthesteve

Whole album leaked

beachdude likes this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This is so good haha. I’ve listened to Prisoner like 20 times already lol, one of my favorite pop collabs in ages. Easily the best Miley era imo

irthesteve likes this.
  14. irthesteve

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

How is this album?

16. irthesteve

I probably won't get to it until next week

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm so so excited to listen but I was too tired last night and feel like it's an album I need to hear at night

18. beachdude

This is easily my favorite release by her. I feel like she’s been working towards this point for a long time, where now she finally has an album where her disparate influences and sounds come together in a cohesive whole. I’m really impressed.

19. it's good!

beachdude likes this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

I've must be living under a rock. I had no idea Miley was coming out with a new album. I never even heard Midnight Sky!

Halfway through this album right now and it's been pretty amazing so far.

irthesteve and beachdude like this.
  21. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think High is already my favorite Miley song.

beachdude likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've been listening over the weekend and she really nailed it with this one. This aesthetic works so well for her. It's just the right amount of a rock vibe without leaning so far in that it becomes parody, and all the features work great. And the more introspective songs sound like better realized versions of some of the stuff she was going for on Younger Now (especially High and Never Be Me). The only song that is kind of a miss for me is Angels Like You, and I think that's mostly due to it's placement - it kind of feels weird being that early to me. But it's by no means bad.

So I'm really happy with this. I saw that Nothing Breaks Like a Heart just turned 2 which just feels insane thinking back on because I was sure an album wasn't far behind at that point. Glad to finally have it and that it was worth the wait.

beachdude likes this.
  23. btr

Trusted Supporter

I'm very glad she ditched the EP trilogy in favor of this record. Liking it a lot

beachdude and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I do love that EP a lot, but this album has a way stronger identity. I like how 2019 was a transition year for her. We got some great songs in there (especially Slide Away) and it seems like it bought her some time to figure out what she wanted to do, so I'm glad when she figured it out, she followed that instead of trying to force a trilogy concept. (Aside from the reasons in her personal life that changed her plans)

25. beachdude

Oh yeah, this is WAY better than that last EP.