Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miley Cyrus - Endless Summer Vacation (March 10, 2023) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

SuddenUrgeJoey likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Contender and SuddenUrgeJoey like this.
  3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Pretty good song

4. Contender

I really enjoy this direction for her. Going to feel big and personal.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

First listen I enjoyed it but wasn't sure I fully loved it but that's over now, it's great. Also she looks stunning this era (between NYE and that video)

Contender likes this.
  6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

all Miley does is kill it. Great song.

Contender likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's making me really happy how well this song has been doing. That festival run did wonders for her I think

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Damn

Contender likes this.
  9. Contender

Eat shit pitchfork

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I hate when Pitchfork posts shit like that. Comes off so unprofessional. Song is a banger

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Contender likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wow that's awesome, I was hoping she would pull it off. Song is so good, I liked it from the start but it's grown on me even more a ton since then. Well deserved

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

pass

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My wife and I were trying to figure it out...it definitely samples "It's a Beautiful Night", right?

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It interpolated When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Hmm I'll have ot listen to that don't know what it sounds like off the top of my head. But when I heard the melody to "I can buy myself flowwwwerrs", I def heard "it's a beautiful life oh oh oh oh" by ace of base in my head haha

Just realized I called it "beautiful night" up there oops

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Brandi!

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

ft Rufus Wainwright!

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. Enjoying this so far.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I have mixed but mostly positive feelings. She definitely went for a showcase of her versatility and that mostly works. There are better versions of things she's tried in the past. (Thousand Miles pulls off what she was going for on Younger Now way better than she executed it there, Handstand gives me Dead Petz but a bit more digestible).

My biggest complaint is the ballads at the end don't hit me as hard in comparison to the ones on Plastic Hearts (Never Be Me & High especially - but to be fair those are 2 of my favorite Miley songs ever). And I kind of enjoy when she just really goes for a style instead of trying to do it all. But these really are pretty minor issues.

I'll definitely be listening to this a ton. I think my favorites right now are Thousand Miles, Handstand, and Violet Chemistry (which is probably my favorite, such a good time).

23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I have a lot of thoughts about this after one listen. Need to organize it, but my first thought is that it's good!

It's interesting to look at her discography at this point in her career as a series of genre exercises. She got a lot of flack in the Bangerz era for appropriation but her general mode after 6(?) albums is based in costuming.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I strongly agree with that sentiment. This is maybe the first time I've listened to her album and had a lot of thoughts like "oh that's kind of like what she did on this album, this reminds me of that song, etc." I haven't decided if that's a pro or con for this album though, because I love the excess of her albums that really go for it, but I like that this isn't so on the nose

25. somethingwitty

Trusted

I like the light psych influences on Jaded and Handstand, def reminiscent of Tame Imapla/Flaming Lips.

River is a bop and a half.