Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miley Cyrus’s Metallica Covers Album Features Elton John

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Miley Cyrus again teased her Metallica tribute album she’s been working on:

”I did a Metallica cover of ‘Nothing Else Matters’ featuring Elton John on piano. I’ve got Yo-Yo Ma, Chad Smith; so many all-stars. I’m so excited about this collaboration. I’m really stoked. I love when ingredients don’t quite fit,” said the 28-year-old.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Color me intrigued.

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

an entire album of Metallica covers? hmmm

4. odd. but i'm down.

5. Tata Toothy

Regular

I’m not typically a fan of Miley Cyrus, but I’m oddly intrigued by this. I think she’s going surprise a lot of people.

6. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Totally down for this if only because it'll make a lot of awful metal fans really upset.

Anthony Brooks and josh.hofer like this.
  7. invaderphantom

Genius idea. Wearing Metallica shirts (especially "Ride the Lightning" ones) is seen as pretty cool by young people at the moment. Listening to actual Metallica isn't very cool though. But listening to Miley Cyrus is cool. So a Miley Cyrus album with Metallica songs (and more importantly, Metallica's aesthetic) could be seen as really cool. I think.

Anyway, this is definitely going to make zoomers listen to Metallica songs. Which is a good thing. Right?

8. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Never really seen the appeal. I get they are pioneers but neither classic nor 90’s heyday nor late-era Metallica has ever made my ears happy.