Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mild High Club - Going Going Gone (September 17, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mattav152, Jul 27, 2021.

1. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Mild High Club preps new album, playing NYC & L.A. (listen to "Me Myself and Dollar Hell")

Alex Brettin is back with Going Going Gone, his third album as Mild High Club which will be out September 17 via Stones Throw. He made the album with producer Vicky ‘Farewell’ Nguyen (who co-wrote several of the songs), and it also features psych artist Winter, who sings in Portuguese on "A New High," and fellow Stones Throw artist Knxwledge.

Brettin says this is his most overtly political album to date, and first single "Me Myself and Dollar Hell" touches on "paranoia, individualism, kleptocracy, gun violence, faith, and climate change." It's also a super smooth jam that orbits the Steely Dan universe. Listen to that below.

Mild High Club will celebrate the new album with release shows in Los Angeles (9/19 @ The Belasco) and NYC (9/24 @ Webster Hall).
    [​IMG]

Tracklist:

1. Kluges I
    2. Dionysian State
    3. Trash Heap
    4. Taste Tomorrow
    5. A New High ft. Winter
    6. It’s Over Again
    7. Kluges II
    8. I Don’t Mind The Wait
    9. Dawn Patrol
    10. Waving
    11. Me Myself and Dollar Hell
    12. Holding On To Me

2. Collins

Trusted

Hell yeah. Skiptracing was a great record, excited to see where he goes from there.

Also totally thought this was a band not a solo project lol

mattav152 likes this.
  3. Single is smoooooth

mattav152 likes this.
  4. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Couple more singles: