Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MiLB Thread Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Brenden, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Minor League Baseball is a hierarchy of professional baseball leagues in the Americas that compete at levels below Major League Baseball (MLB) and provide opportunities for player development and a way to prepare for the major leagues. All of the minor leagues are operated as independent businesses. Most are members of the umbrella organization known as Minor League Baseball (MiLB), which operates under the Commissioner of Baseball within the scope of organized baseball.

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Figured I create one because I love minor league baseball. We can use this to talk more about the experience of games or prospects if you want.

I grew up going to Durham Bull games as a kid and my wife surprised me with a mini season ticket package for my birthday. Today is our first game for this season. Probably post here about my thoughts of the games.

Its always fun to see the players before they make the big leagues. Its one of the reasons Ben Zobrist is one of my favorite players because I just loved watching him play SS in the minors.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  3. patrickhowell

... Supporter

I became a Pirates fan after watching players move up from the Lynchburg Hillcats.

NOWAYFAROUT and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  4. NOWAYFAROUT

I can relate to this. For the last few years, I've tried to make to a Indianapolis Indians game about once a month. The amount of talent the Pirates keep cranking out is ridiculous.

My hometown team is the Fort Wayne Tincaps, but it's had to really be a fan of their affiliate (San Diego Padres) with how poorly they've managed the farm system in recent years.

patrickhowell likes this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Desmond Lindsay is gonna be on my local team, sweet. First big deal since conforto a few years ago.

6. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Chattanooga Lookouts are the goat, and we even kind of have an emoji for them...:eyes:

[​IMG]

patrickhowell and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I should also mention I work right across the street from the lookouts stadium and it's awesome.

9. patrickhowell

... Supporter

Indians should be exciting this year. All-prospect rotation, and Josh Bell is a future star at first.

NOWAYFAROUT likes this.
  10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm big into prospects, i've gotten the BA guide every year for the last ten years or so. love it

NOWAYFAROUT likes this.
  11. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

I worked in MiLB for 6 years. I've seen some wacky promos and love it. It's nice to see the prospects comes through, too. They are much more accessible then to chat with/get autographs.

patrickhowell and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I remember when Puig was playing for the Lookouts. Everybody around here was going wild to see him. Then Kershaw had a rehab start for them, and that was even crazier.

patrickhowell likes this.
  13. MattLikesSsips

When I was living in NJ years back, there was a short stretch where Clemens, Jeter, and Bernie Williams were all doing rehab starts with the Thunder. The crowds were massive.

14. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Eugene Emeralds "fan" here. They're short season single A. I try and get to a game at least once a season. I think they're a farm team for the Padres? I know they used to be for the Cubs. Also, Mike Schmidt was an Em so we got that going for us.

15. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Molina was such a monster for the cyclones a year or two ago, I hope he makes it to the majors next year.

16. T.J.

music and baseball.

The new Norfolk Tides logo has irritated a lot of local fans. It was pretty funny reading the Facebook comments on the reveal.

Old vs New Logo

[​IMG]

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Fort Wayne has a great stadium. When I worked in the Minors we went to All Star weekend in Fort Wayne and it was one of the best lost weekends of my life.

That said, worked for the Kane County Cougars for years. The best summer job I've ever had.

18. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

[​IMG]

Blue Jays' AA affiliate.

19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

A former baseball teammate of mine/close friend growing up hit a home run in his AA debut yesterday :')

Brenden and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

who?

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Joel Fisher, catcher for the Phillies AA affiliate and former bassist of my high school pop punk band

Whatjuliansaid and Brenden like this.
  22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

That's awesome! The Fisher Cats are playing Reading this coming weekend in Manchester. Might stop by.

Nathan likes this.
  23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I've heard their games are a ton of fun. Same for the Smokies. Never been, though. Grew up going to MiLB games in Tampa, though.

24. MattLikesSsips Jul 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2016)
    MattLikesSsips

25. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Meh. It's probably the best entertainment in Chattanooga for $5/ticket, but it's also waaaay hot outside that it's almost not worth it. I go often though because the building I work in is right across the street and my company gives out free tickets.