Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Midtown Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 29, 2016.

1. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

saw their NJ warm up reunion show back in August and it was a blast. Cant wait to see them again in three weeks. Also seeing Heath do an acoustic set next Friday. Excited for the teased new material. I'll take one song, two, EP, full length. Give it to me! They are also playing Adjacent Fest in NJ May 2023. Might sit that one out do to costing over $400.

mmhmm likes this.
  2. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I mean I'm not sure the lack of replies in a thread on Chorus is the best measure of that but perhaps there's something to that assertion.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  3. Engagement has just been on the lower side all over the music forum other than major artist/album threads.

edit: I mean relatively low compared to previous years and back in the ap.net days

4. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

What's there to talk about until there's new music?

Their jersey shows sold out instantly. They never were even that big before they went away. Just not sure what the expectations were. Anyone who was one of those emo kids in the early 2000's is pumped before it went way more mainstream.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  5. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

A much-loved band who broke up awhile back and hasn't played shows for years, reunites this year and has been playing shows. Why does there need to be new music to prompt discussion? Plenty of bands reunite and there's discussion around their reunion/new shows.

Not arguing with you, I'm just in a roundabout way asking how things are going with the new shows :) Does the band seem into it? Stuff like that.

6. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I'm not sure what there is to talk about... These are guys in their 40's it's not like there's drama going on.

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

It seems to be going pretty good for them based on their insta activity. That’s the best place to actually see posts from their shows. They are playing their biggest shows with old friends and playing some good headliner dates as well. Most of the people that like this band are probably working or being with their own families. It’s not like this band thread was ever super active.

Phantoms, NJPunkMusic and mmhmm like this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I posted three times in a row about my show haha, I felt like any more would be overkill....

It was so much fun

Phantoms, JamesMichael, mmhmm and 2 others like this.
  9. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I can't wait to see them again in a few weeks. Even more so now that The Movielife has been added to that date. It's going to be great!

10. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

You sure did, and it was so great to hear :)

irthesteve likes this.
  11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I'm hoping we get a new song before the hometown reunion shows. Would be a great "celebration." See what I did there. Criminally underrated Bside

irthesteve likes this.
  12. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I can’t make it to the Worcester show anymore, since I got cast in a show myself. Bummed! But would be willing to sell to someone here for under face value if anyones interested. $60 for the pair.

13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The closest they’ve been was hours away opening for My Chem for me. I never got into My Chem, so it would have been an expensive ticket to drive for hours to see like a 7 song set. Not sure what I can discuss at this point.

14. Michael Schmidt

Not sure if anything was ever announced from other retailers, but the Forget What You Know repress should be shipping around 11/18 after the September delay.

mmhmm likes this.
  15. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome to see it’s being repressed by iSurrender. Rob is great, everyone support the label and buy a copy.

16. Michael Schmidt

I don’t think I Surrender did a repress. I preordered through Siren Records. I think Amazon and other places had it too. It was a summer order that was supposed to ship in September, but like a lot of vinyl lately it got delayed. But I agree, I Surrender is a cool label.

17. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Amazon listing has it under iSurrender. Not sure who else owns the rights…it’s always been with Rob/iSurrender. But I could be wrong I guess.

Edit: Siren Records is a record store, not label.

18. Michael Schmidt

I guess I was talking more about their online store like with the 2014 repress. I just assumed the 2022 repress had the rights purchased from the major.

19. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

You could be right!

20. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Hometown reunion shows start tonight! Can't wait!

Phantoms, mmhmm and Groogz like this.
  21. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I'll be there! So excited!

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  22. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

For anyone else who is going tonight.

Contender likes this.
  23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

woof