Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Midsommar (Ari Aster, July 3, 2019) Movie • Page 57

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Correct. Most the time I’ve eaten cooked or smoked fish it’s not good. Plus sushi incorporates so many other things, and flavors.

2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This thread reminded me I needed to buy a copy of this so I did

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I haven't done that yet. Holding out hope that US gets a physical director's cut release haha

4. Kuri44

I’m grilling a red snapper that I caught as I’m reading these hot seafood takes.

Seafood is fucking delicious

Fish, shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters. Fried, blackened, raw, grilled. Sushi, gumbo, creole, give me all of it

5. yung_ting

Trusted

Sorry but if you don’t fuck with fish for reasons aside from ethics it’s on sight

6. flask

Trusted Supporter

I fux with almost all seafood.

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Ari now knows the topic to choose for his next film.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

just had some bangin crab ravioli

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m in.

oncenowagain and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Midsalmonar

11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Remember that scene where she had to swallow the herring or whatever

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I remember thinking I would have been great at it.

13. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I now know what the phrase “on sight” means. Thanks thread!

Cameron and yung_ting like this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

ok herring is bad though

my jewish grandma would try to force me to eat it as a kid. honestly? i haven't recovered.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  15. marceting

Trusted

Came back from the bar at 1am last night with a bunch of friends and decided to give this a whirl.....not recommended.

16. RyanRyan Feb 9, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2020)
    RyanRyan

Watched this Saturday night. Annoyingly a Floridian mate of ours turned up and fucking talked throughout the entirety. Every five seconds ‘that’s CGI’, ‘could’ve made the bodies look real’, ‘remember that picture it’s important’, ‘that’s stupid’, ‘that wouldn’t happen’.

Like I was kinda drunk watching it but only now am I thinking back about just how bad she was to watch a film with.

Regarding the film - whether it was due to the situation I was in while watching it or not idk, but I just didn’t gel with this in the same way I did Hereditary. The acting felt kinda bad in parts, particularly the boyfriend of the protagonist. I’m gonna watch it again with my gf I think. But yeah, not bowled over like I was hoping to be.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  17. Kuri44

Janelle Monae’s performance was amazing and her nods to Midsommar and Us really touched me

johnnyferris likes this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I had a dream last night whoever won Best Actress dedicates it to Florence

chewbacca110, SlappinCups and Kuri44 like this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Shellfish are all great, I don't have a favorite

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I wish Janelle had gone up to Florence. That would have been a nice moment

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Appreciate you, Janelle :heart:

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Classic Floridian friend move

RyanRyan and SlappinCups like this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Was finally able to watch this. Movie was absolutely phenomenal. Thoroughly captivating the entire time. The movie felt long but only because the tension was kept up for SO LONG. Most movies only play around with tension like that in short bursts and then have a release - Ari Aster doesn't play. I really need to see the director's cut ASAP.

Their relationship and the way he treated her was more horrifying than any of the violent stuff that came after. It honestly felt a little bit like a relief when atrocious violent shit started going down because it was a break from how awful the main guy treated her and other people. I really feel like the decision to build the story around that relationship elevated this to the next level.

For people who were able to see the director's cut, was there any more material about the disfigured oracle person...?

24. The director's cut fleshed out Christian's relationships with Dani and Josh, but to answer your question, it doesn't address the disfigured character further.

Kuri44 and Brother Beck like this.
  25. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

The inbred? I thought they addressed at some point as him being closer to God/nature or something so they always have an inbred. Sorry if referring to something else

Brother Beck likes this.