Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Midsommar (Ari Aster, July 3, 2019) Movie • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 28, 2019.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I think it will in time, hopefully

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The one shot that I come back to in both viewings of Midsommar was the upside down shot of moving up the road towards the village. Combined with the score, it’s a very haunting piece.

3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

that shot of the maypole dance when all the other dancers are bowing and Dani is still standing up
    or pretty much any part of that whole sequence

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And Dani in the full dress slugging along at the very end. It’s so good.

airik625, mad and oncenowagain like this.
  5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I finally saw this last night and skimmed the 53 pages but didn’t see this mentioned...

The sign you see upside down is actually an anti-immigrant sign.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Finally bought this today and threw it on. My Fiancé has had zero interest in watching this and wasn’t crazy about Hereditary, and she said she was gonna shower so I figured I’d start it and finish it later, but she decided to sit down and watch the whole thing.

Turned to me at the very end with the most horrified look and said “the end of Heriditary genuinely disturbed me, and this was that for well over an hour.”

Said she loved it and is reevaluating her thoughts on Hereditary which is cool.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

Not as good as Hereditary, but still good.

8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I made a friend watch Hereditary the other day, he sent me a message the next day about it gave him nightmares about his loved ones dying.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I keep thinking about how satisfying the director’s cut was. Both stuck with me but I’m really in love with that cut.

10. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I've had a reoccurring nightmare since I watched that movie. I'll wake up at night from it and be terrified to fall back asleep or even go to the bathroom. so sick lol

DarkHotline likes this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck yessssss

13. Lucas27

Trusted

I know that meme is a joke, but it also made me think, as someone who’s really leaned on a close friend the last couple years through a time of grief, Christian’s detachment was the most nightmarish aspect of Midsommar to me.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Watched Hereditary then Midsommar this week, went into both movies knowing nothing, and loved them both. Crazy shit

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

prime 1/3

16. mescalineeyes

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

This movie has had the effect of making me weirdly emotional whenever I see Florence Pugh, like in the Black Widow trailer before Star Wars I was just like “I hope Dani is doing okay”

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh my god I do that too. Every time I see her in trailers (which is a lot lately), I’m just like, “Aww, there she is. Good for her. Hope everything’s better now.”

20. Lucas27

Trusted

Yes. The same thing happens for me when I see Toni Colette or Alex Wolff. It felt really good for Toni Colette to make me laugh in Knives Out. It’s a testament to how real Ari Aster’s films feel.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I have no interest in The Black Widow other than Florence and David Harbour

22. mescalineeyes

ngl I am only going to see Black Widow because of her

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

No way I’ll be seeing it, but the two of them together is a treat.

24. atlas

Trusted

I want Russian accent Florence to shoot me with a gun

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Is that a Marvel movie? Hard pass

Leftandleaving and Dirty Sanchez like this.