Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Midsommar (Ari Aster, July 3, 2019) Movie • Page 32

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 28, 2019.

1. ghostedaway Jul 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2019)
    ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I loved how this was shot, so gorgeous. I was so nervous for like the first 20 minutes of the film. I read spoilers, skimmed through the script, watched/read reviews btw (none of which ruined the experience for me). I expected the head smashing scene to be a lot more graphic. Still pretty wild haha. Florence absolutely killed it in this role. I really liked Pelle too, but I'm not sure if he genuinely cared about Dani or was just buttering her up for what was ahead. (both maybe?). Josh was fine, Could have done without Mark tbh, and Christian just sucked.

The one scene I was confused about was the one at night where Dani watched someone drive off. I couldn't really make out who was in the car...Connie and Simon? But was it a dream then? A hallucination?

Edit: Wait, is that when Simon is taken?

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Also, it did not feel 2 hours and 25 minutes at all. I was like ''we're here already?'' when the fire temple stuff began. The corpses were pretty damn creepy too. They reminded me of those old glass clown/baby looking figurines if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

zigbigwig and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that was a dream. It showed how tuned into the danger she was and how anxious she was about being abandoned and forgotten.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Gotcha. Thank you.

I also read in here that Ari Aster mentioned that the film didn't cover all nine days of the festival which is very nerve wracking to think about what we haven't seen. I need to know haha

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Saving it for the $equel

6. Dog with a Blog

Side note: Michael Clayton is an underrated gem

Zilla and jkauf like this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Is there really talk for that?

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Nah I’m just kidding haha

SpyKi likes this.
  9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Damn haha. Hopefully there's more information with the extended cut or whatever they plan on releasing on blu ray

Anthony_ and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Mid2ommar

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Starring Snoop Dogg as Josh's father investigating the commune but enjoys the drugs way too much and forgets why he came in the first place

13. I Still Know What You Did Midsommar

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’d watch the fuck out of that

16. eight30

Regular

I haven’t read through the thread as I just got out of this but it was great. And Ryan Key was sitting on my row! I didn’t say anything to him but I also hope he didn’t hear me excitedly tell my friend I recognized him haha.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Shrek like this.
  17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

"it's always midsommar in my heart and in my soulllllllllllll"

18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

500 Days of Midsommar

19. zigbigwig

i was talking to my wife a few minutes ago because i had an epiphany: “i just realized midsommar is swedish for mid-summer”

turns out she knew. like since forever.

SlappinCups and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Here I go, tearing this guy’s lungs out

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

:eyeglass:

23. zigbigwig

24. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Saw this tonight, been up reading about it since. Lot of dense themes to think about, but that imagery was so beautiful.

Christian had a heart, he didn't have courage, there was a line specifically about him lacking courage to be honest with Dani. Chidi didn't have a heart, he was very cold and analytical the whole time.

coleslawed, jordalsh and Cory like this.
  25. Dog with a Blog

C2CA4774-A622-481A-9D1E-6249DE86323F.jpeg