Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Midsommar (Ari Aster, July 3, 2019) Movie • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 28, 2019.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

it did. which is nice

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I found a sense of catharsis in this, I’m dealing with my own personal trauma and this movie did a fantastic job of showing that we have to deal with our trauma, no matter how painful it is. Our trauma holds us back and prevents us from living our lives, as we saw with Dani. It also shows that letting go is difficult, we have attachments but that can also be unhealthy and it stunts us, as with Dani and Christian’s relationship and the visions of Dani’s sister. We have to let go of those who hurt us because it’s not healthy to hold on to what’s not there anymore. So while I didn’t get the horrifying movie I thought it would be, it ended up being rewarding in a different way.

3. Strongly in this camp, quoted because you both worded things way more succinctly and kindly than I’ve been able to

Dirty Sanchez and Shrek like this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm really glad I didn't watch any of the trailers or anything for this before seeing it, mainly because the trailers showed some seriously striking imagery and shots that I'm glad I saw for the first time in the theater. Like, didn't one of the trailers even show that amazing shot where it's overhead on Dani as she runs into the bathroom in that apartment but then the door opens into the airplane bathroom? That shit made me grin from ear-to-ear in the theater.

5. The screenplay details what happens to her - id assume that’ll be in the extended cut

Shrek likes this.
  6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Extended Cut in the works. 30 minutes longer. Ari says the original cut had 80 more minutes of footage.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

he said "at least 30 minutes longer" so potentially longer!

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

florence pugh stuff me in a bear and set me on fire

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

On my way to the theater

Dirty Sanchez and Kuri44 like this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Either I’m in the wrong room or someone is okay with little kids seeing this because someone just brought kids in here lol

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

NOT ACCEPTABLE.

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s even less appropriate than Hereditary, which I also saw young kids at. Like really really not ok to be taking kids to.

SlappinCups, Anthony_ and ghostedaway like this.
  14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

If they don’t walk out right at the opening credits I’ll shocked

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

There were kids at my Child’s Play screening

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t imagine Child’s Play is on the same level as this...

17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

They’re gonna learn today

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I would take my kids this movie maybe if I hated my kids and wanted to fuck em up good

19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

where did dude go cause i really wanted to see a response to yung ting (wonderfully worded btw)

Anthony_ and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

there should not be children in any theater showing this movie

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Kids wouldn’t even be able to get what’s going on

Also I want a report on what happened at that showing lol

22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i’m not ashamed to admit that i saw titanic at too early of an age and it fucking did a number on me for several months after. my mom still talks about it

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

More than anything, kids would be bored as fuck

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah they left after the horror trailers played lol

I liked this quite a bit. Wasn’t as effected by the fucked up stuff as I thought I would be. Will post more thoughts in a bit.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

When I saw Michael Clayton in theaters (I was in the right one showing it), the projector started playing 30 Days of Night