Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Midsommar (Ari Aster, July 3, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 28, 2019.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also based on his adoration of Bergman, I am expecting some serious influence from there and that has me more excited than anything else.

coleslawed, yung_ting and Anthony_ like this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh baby

3. Lucas27

Trusted

Hot take: Alex Wolff’s crying was spot on. It’s so unnatural and odd, but that tends to be what crying sounds like when you’re really grieving. His performance is what helped the film feel so unnerving and realistic to me along with Toni Colette of course.

Excited for the new film.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The crying was like, what, 0.12% of the whole movie?

I can't believe something that tiny and inconsequential is still talked about, haha

airik625, yung_ting and Lucas27 like this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

Haha. Well in peoples defense, it can only take one scene. For instance, I’m a huge fan of Dark Knight Rises but I can never think about it without thinking about Marion Cotillard’s hilarious death scene which is a real shame.

Dinosaurs Dish and chewbacca110 like this.
  6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I've only seen that movie once and remember nearly nothing from it, but I think that's an uneven comparison. One is a character crying for 10-20 seconds and the other is a characters' death and final scene, which is supposed to have finality and much more weight.

Lucas27 likes this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It would be like watching a comedy movie where an actor does a bad job at fake laughing in one scene and then saying they sucked overall because of that one bad laugh, lol

EASheartsVinyl and Lucas27 like this.
  8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The scene in the car is enough to definitively prove that Alex Wolff was fantastic in Hereditary. Like it's not even a conversation.

9. Lucas27

Trusted

Absolutely. That long hold on his face is going to be a really iconic moment in cinema years from now.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

And to be clear, all art is subjective in every way, so I have no issue if someone says they didn't like his performance in general. I just don't think pinning his entire performance on one tiny, tiny scene makes sense and isn't valid to me.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

RE Alex Wolff - it was weird seeing him in Hereditary and THEN in Jumanji.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

To be clear, I didn’t dislike the movie or his performance entirely because of his terrible crying

13. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Trailer on Tuesday

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Can’t decide if I want to watch or not. I’m not normally against trailers like some people, but for this I feel like going in knowing nothing will be special for this. I did that with Us and I’m so hyped.

15. Anthony_

I'm going to want to not watch it but I feel like images from it and discussion of it will be inescapable so idk.

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

Just watch the trailer.

coleslawed and angrycandy like this.
  17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i am not gonna watch the trailer unless it is put in front of my face at a movie theater which is highly likely

18. Anthony_

I hate trailers these days, they spoil everything. I'm going to do my best to avoid it but I'm not confident I'll be able to.

Shrek likes this.
  19. Shrek

i agree, but funny enough, the Hereditary trailer added to the viewing experience. a lot of misdirects in there that made the big swings hit harder

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I went into hereditary blind and I’m gonna probably try to do the same with this

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

There was one major moment in the trailer that I wasn’t sure was an actual spoiler until the scene came up, and it did bum me out to know what was going to happen before it did. Everything else did a good job of getting me interested without ruining plot points.

Lucas27 and Shrek like this.
  22. Anthony_

Yeah showing the Gabriel Burns (get it) scene in the trailer was lame

Lucas27, EASheartsVinyl and Shrek like this.
  23. Shrek

i actually forgot about that my b

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey, that’s my joke! Lol.

25. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Fully hype and on board for this.