Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Mar 8, 2016.

1. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Talked to them around when Much Love was released and they said they were almost done writing it and that it's the heaviest music they've ever created. Now that was in 2016 - so things could've changed - but I know they're a band that's just always creating. They were also talking about how they want release something every year. I don't think they released anything new though in 2017. Definitely a new album this year from them though. I wonder if it'll still be on SOD.

Zac Djamoos and Anthony_ like this.
  2. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

favorite song by them for me for sure.

vidiviciveni and loudasallgetout like this.
  3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

For me, Stovall, Grass Stains, Vomit and Lighterless are my favourites so far. I love the two on that split EP though.

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Pretty sure I've posted this before but Trash Stains is objectively the greatest song of all time.

JBoch likes this.
  5. Horrorca

Trusted

two on the HN split are above and beyond the rest of their catalogue - wish they revisited that style

Lee Thomas likes this.
  6. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I mean I have a tattoo of a lighter because of this band so I think I dig em'

Curious for LP3 since the guy who produced Stovall and Much Love is now their guitarist if they bring in an outside producer or stick with him.

7. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Kory Gabel produced Stovall though. He was the guitarist for You Me And Everyone We Know right before they called it quits. He's now in the band Sleepy Limbs. I'm curious who they'll use as well though.

8. MattNCheeze

Trusted

has Hill as the only producer, as does Genius. I did see that Gabel was on the material pre Stovall though.

9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Oh that might be it. I may have mixed them up.

MattNCheeze likes this.
  10. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

holy shit, just discovered this band after seeing them on tour with The Dangerous Summer. listening through Much Love right now and loving it. how did I not know about them?!?

teebs41, mercury, johnnyutes and 2 others like this.
  11. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Don't skip out on Stovall or the Split with Head North.

12. sonder Feb 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2018)
    sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Listening to Stovall this morning--that song on there about him having a kid is pretty powerful, I don't think I've ever heard a song like that in rock/pop-punk/whatever-genre-you-want-to-call-it music.

Edit: song is Something Right...thanks @MattNCheeze

13. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I remember the first time hearing Something Right and knowing this band was somethin special.

14. atlas

Trusted

I assume this girl behind me at the show this weekend had never heard them before because Nate sang the end of Something Right and she was like "awwww" loud enough to hear lol

sonder likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I only got into them when they supported Creeper, and so I don't know every song yet.

I looked that one up online and christ those are some touching lyrics.

sonder likes this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Something right is definitely the high point of Stovall, although the whole thing is great

17. atlas

Trusted

This EP came out today and this song is like a more soulful/garage rock-y (read: not necessarily better) Microwave and it's rad

btr likes this.
  18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Everyone needs to check out Made Violent!!!

19. MattNCheeze

Trusted

saw em open up for frank turner years ago

solid band.

20. rbsfeatures

Regular

Getting into Microwave now.

Grass Stains, Trash Stains, Something Right, Lighterless and Stovall I absolutely love, everything else is, at the moment, kind of meh to me. Which is weird as those five songs I can't stop listening to. Sounds like Pup with a dash of the Front Bottoms. I'm sure the rest will stick soon.

sonder likes this.
  21. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

Stay with it. Other songs will hopefully click

22. sonder Apr 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 26, 2018)
    sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

All my friends think I'm a douche now...and they're probably right.

23. what

Regular

Much Love has re entered my rotation for the spring. Still great.

I either want these guys to go really pop-y or super heavy with their next record. I’d be happy either way.

24. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I think they're going super heavy. Things could have changed though in a year and a half.

25. atlas

Trusted

when I talked to Tito in February he said they were gonna be demoing new stuff soon. Their slate seems pretty empty after this little run with JEW so maybe they'll be recording after that?