Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Might be my favorite song from them

2. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Oooh goodie new AGO, Microwave, KevD all within less than 24hrs!!! Give me a ManOrch track and a Brand New track and I might die!

JBoch, Aj LaGambina and Jose like this.
  3. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

In a year filled with excellent releases, the first three songs off Much Love are giving this serious AOTY-contender hype. Cannot wait to hear the rest. Pre-ordering in 3...2...1...

4. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I wish I had money to preorder this :c Still excited to listen to this. I'll be too emotional about Yellowcard that I'll need some angsty music to balance it out

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Song was bat shit. Lyrics were exceptional. I criticized some of the lyrics on Stovall back when I reviewed it for AP - when I listened to that album again pretty recently I decided I was way off. Dude's a good songwriter. But this tops that by a pretty wide margin. Hyped for this album

Super powerful video too

6. Transient_Hymn

Sort of feeling exactly the same. Realizing that the lyrics come off as simple at times but the themes of the song aren't always as on the nose. Still think this record will blow it out of the water

7. Leftandleaving

Yeah, for sure. Reading that piece just now wants me to go back and see if I can pick up on double meanings

Also some of his goofy lyrics are a lot of fun. I was a dork when I wrote that review

8. Transient_Hymn

It is okay if Rock n Roll is fun. They seem to get that

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  9. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This song was great and I'm very excited for the new record

10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

There is definitely a lot more of it on the Head North split than on Stovall, but Mansion in the Sky and The Last have a lot of that same thing on Stovall

11. Leftandleaving

For sure. Those are prob my favorites on Stovall too haha. I need to check out that split still

12. Transient_Hymn

The split is awesome. Love both of the bands. Great showcase of where I think their sounds are heading.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

3/3 on the songs so far. I feel like this is going to eclipse Stovall in every way. Very excited!

14. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

God damn this is fantastic. I got chills on that build up in the middle and just wow, that ending... I'm so excited for this album

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

oh i guess i can reveal that i've heard this album and it's extremely good

16. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This has had a weird release cycle. Released two songs close together, before the album/pre-order details were even announced. Then released the details and another song today, only a month before the release date.

Really hoping that these are the only songs we get to hear until it's finally out. I've been anticipating this album since I discovered "but not often" and Stovall earlier this year.

17. Yellowcard2006 Aug 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 30, 2016)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

So you now agree he's clever and sexual?

Their tracks on that split with Head North are so good.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  18. Horrorca

Trusted

those are their best, easy

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  19. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Ever since Vomit, I've been rocking Stovall over again. What an absolutely stellar album.

20. loudasallgetout Sep 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2016)
    loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Finally was able to listen to Stovall without distraction today. I listened 6 times. Holy fucking ass crackers this is good.

My only complaint is I'm not a huge fan of the screaming. Takes me out of it sometimes. The rest is stellar though.

GettingSodas and Zac Djamoos like this.
  21. RyanRyan

New album has leaked!

22. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

fixed that for you

23. RyanRyan Sep 27, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016)
    RyanRyan

Had no idea. Brand New thread got me into these. Very impressed with the album!

Was going to get the Tri-Color vinyl but postage to the UK is $25...nope.

24. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Not sure how I missed this, it was posted back in August. But they did an Audiotree session

Collins, GettingSodas and RyanRyan like this.
  25. MattNCheeze

Trusted

That audiotree session is what actually got me into them. I had a friend recommended Stovall and it just so happened they just released that session so it worked out well.

Collins likes this.