Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Really great band from Atlanta, Georgia. FFO: Have Mercy, Moose Blood, that kind of band.

2. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

This thread reminded me to check out this band. Thanks.

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

No problem. I hope you enjoy. They're definitely not for everyone, but I really enjoy their particular style.

4. These guys were a blast on Sunday. Cool to see them on such a big tour.

5. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Do they have a release date for their next album? I loved the few songs they put out on the split with Head North last year.

6. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

real nice guys, i'd love to hear more songs dealing with the singer's experiences after leaving Mormonism

7. Andrew Shores

I was totally nervous to go to Japan.

So stoked to see them on the Motion City Soundtrack farewell tour.

8. Horrorca

Trusted

love these guys - Stovall is great but the split EP they put out is some next level pop-punk/alt-rock goodness with quite the unique touch... really looking fwd to their next full length

it's the closer you'll get to Deja Entendu kinf of shit, I think

9. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I just got into this. HOLY SHIIIT. SOOO GOOD.

10. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

Still love this album. Gotta get on the split though.

GettingSodas likes this.
  11. TheWater(s) Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Woof I didn't know that's what this album was about. Currently struggling with that same experience. This album just hit me like a ton of bricks now.

GettingSodas likes this.
  12. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Love Stovall and these guys are the sweetest in the whole world. Met them twice now and they seemed genuinely shocked the first time that we knew who they were/had heard their record before. The second time they signed our records and remembered that we were from St. Louis (that show was in Bloomington).

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Great band

GettingSodas likes this.
  14. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Mansion in the Sky is the most overt but yeah i saw em in Whitehall and the lead singer mentioned that when they played that song and you can definitely see those threads of thought throughout the album

15. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Stovall is fantastic. @Jose and I take turns obsessing over this now and then.

16. Jose

weightless in the valley

Mansion in the Sky is my favorite track and Stovall is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. Worth a few spins every now and again.

17. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

Still really love, "But all I've got is the black gel bracelets my goth friends gave to me." I wish I could fit it in my user title.

YouOnlyLukeOnce and Lindsay M like this.
  18. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Just have it say "I'm clever and sexual..."

19. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Any news on when the new album is coming out...or have they played anything new live?

20. Collins

Trusted

Something Right has become one of my favorite songs of all time. Had the pleasure of seeing and meeting these guys, really nice. Can't wait to see them with Motion City next month.

Lindsay M likes this.
  21. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Last I talked to them, they said "later this year..." and nodded a lot. So whatever that means.

22. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Mansion In The Sky makes me so uncomfortable lol Listening to it I can vividly remember sitting in a Mormon church with the same fake black leather shoes everyone had.

And the line "I know that God hates my yellin" My mom used to tell me that all the time in high school when I started listening to music with screaming. I even tried to sell her on the Christian metal bands but she said God didn't approve of yelling even if they were yelling Bible/Book of Mormon verses.

GettingSodas likes this.
  23. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

love these guys and pumped to see them tomorrow

24. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

You'll enjoy it for sure. They sound great. Saw them a month ago or so.

25. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

I caught them on the Have Mercy tour last year and you're right, they sounded great. Hoping they play a new one but I'd be content with any and all songs.