Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave - Much Love (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tylerbhill, Sep 12, 2016.

1. what

Regular

Yeah after about five full listens, I am loving this. The throwback feels are there and there's more diversity on this record than Stovall. Stovall is great and hits home at moments but this is a huge step up.

Also interesting to see in that interview he says how their next record is likely going to be heavier.

2. What this album does, I feel like the new Ceres album does 10x better.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea everyone should listen to that Ceres record its phenomenal butttt i think these are two very different records and I think that they each set out and do what they are supposed to.. I prefer the Ceres record though

4. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Some of these songs sound like they would fit on TBS's "TAYF-WYWTB" albums, but even better! Also, I feel like I gave Ceres a try early this year with no thoughts on it... Maybe i'll try them again.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

make sure you are listening to the new record. bc the record just came out a month or so ago

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

4 listens in and here are my thoughts

This is clearly a vibe album. This isn't something thats going to blow you away with huge choruses or screamy vocals (vomit aside) this is a record that is meant to stew and grow with you. I think that they could have easily wrote another dynamic rock record that was dark and followed the forumulas that a lot of bands are using now in these genre.. I think they wrote something that stands out in the genre and is clearly its own.

The vocals are subdued the drums and guitars are subdued and its a "chill" vibe.. I could see this great for late night drives or just a record to put on and get into your head with. there are still moments on here that remind us of the stuff we loved about stovall but the stuff we didn't like about stovall seems to be have been replaced with some really nice new sounds that a lot of bands are afraid to explore. I think this will continue to grow with me and I think it will be in my rotation a long time.

Jose and Aj LaGambina like this.
  7. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This feels so much more mature than Stovall.
    Enjoying this 10x more than that album after a few listens

8. Jose

weightless in the valley

In what way? Because I'm in love with both of these albums

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  9. I guess just the mood. What I should have said was: "I love the Ceres album so much and this one doesn't compete with it the way I thought it would." Haha

Jose likes this.
  10. Transient_Hymn

I'm really surprised how low the vox are in the mix.
    I feel like it's only on half of the songs which seems strange

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I've listened to this album like 15 times now and have not once felt like the vocals are too low.

Jose likes this.
  12. Transient_Hymn

Might need to move from Sonos to headphones.
    I have to crank roached to hear it. ha

13. what

Regular

Yeah I guess the vocals are kind of faint at times but nothing that distracts me from the album or takes me out of it.

Also, wrong is so beautiful I can't take it.

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  14. Jose

weightless in the valley

Currently feeling much love for Neighbors and Homebody

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  15. what

Regular

Sometimes his delivery/enunciation reminds me of fun. Like very few instances but I definitely hear it.

16. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

After multiple listens the low vocals aren't bothering me as much. Feels like I can hear them better with each listen. But yeah right now this is sitting pretty in atleast my top 5.

17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I can hear it

18. MattNCheeze

Trusted

What you did there, I see it.

19. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Roaches is the only track that I wasn't into on first listen, but the rest of the album is pretty great. I really dig how each track flows into the next.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. Jose

weightless in the valley

This is all I want to listen to, wow.

21. what

Regular

Haven't listened to anything else this week besides this and stage four. It's been a good week

22. SayHello

Regular

I don't think the vocals are low at all! Anyway, this album is ferociously good. Really loving this. It's got a really hard-rock vibe to it, but it's just so catchy as well. Can't really put my finger on what makes me love this band so much, but they've done no wrong (at least in my eyes) so far.

23. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

Reserving this spot to say something more eloquent. In the meantime, album is really f'n good.

24. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I was able to listen to everything up to Vomit on the way to class and really, really enjoyed. I'm so proud of these guys for stepping up and completely subverting the sophomore slump. Can't wait to hear the rest on the drive home.

25. partyscene

my holy ghost is hovering over me

This is pretty good, although I think there are some hit and miss, but overall pretty good. I don't get the vocal part sometimes, is it intentional?

Ah the closer is phenomenal, but still my early favorite is Vomit.