Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave - Much Love (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tylerbhill, Sep 12, 2016.

1. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Having only actually listened to Stovall for the first time like two weeks ago I think that was immediately more hard hitting than this. Still liking it so far though

2. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Just got my vinyl. I know what I'll be doing tmrw.
    Hope I like it as much as their split

3. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Initial thoughts after two full listens and listening to a few individual songs:

1. I really like the album. I think it'll be in my Top 10 (depending on the rest of the year)
    2. The guitar work is amazing
    3. The vocals seem buried in some songs, especially Roaches. It feels intentional, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of that.
    4. Early favorites are Dull, Whimper, and Wrong, along with the singles

Overall I really like this. I wish the production was a little more even; everything sounds like its buried by the guitars. But I think this albums gonna get them a lot of traction and I'm really excited for that. I think its gonna be a lot of fun following their career.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Echoing sentiment about the vocals. It was distracting at times

5. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

WOWWOWWOW. Much Love definitely lived up to my expectations and then some. Only listened to it all of the way through one time, but I can tell this will be solidly in my top 10 of the year. Dull is my favorite of the songs we had not heard yet.

I thought the same thing this morning. Can't even make out what he's saying for 3/4 of the song.

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

still dunno how i feel about this. definitely took a different direction on this one. was kind of befuddled when i heard track 3 kick off w/ an acoustic guitar haha.

still think wrong is superb though.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

taking this for a spin and its really good third listen is always the charm

8. MattNCheeze

Trusted

9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

The position of Dull into Neighbors is a bit strange where it's at in the track listing. Not saying I don't like it, just weird that two songs that are very different from the rest of the record being where they are.

Also, Vomit is without a doubt the highlight of the album for me. Wasn't a huge fan of their screaming songs on Stovall, but the second half of this song is the emotional peak of the record.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it's a grower on my third listen and first with good headphones which are increasing my enjoyment as well.

11. danielalee12

Regular

I think I'm gonna have to spin this one a couple of times. But there are some gems on this one; I think the only one that I'm not sold on is the single lighterless, but maybe that one will grow on me

12. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Just listened to Vomit and it's dope - have never even heard of this band

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

new album slays and is streaming check it out

14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I can stomach anything with hot sauce on it.

Lyric of the year.

15. what

Regular

Might I ask where?

Edit: Never mind, I forgot Google is my friend

teebs41 likes this.
  16. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Neighbors and Drown get lost in the tracklist. Whenever they come on I don't really feel anything, its just like they're there. Maybe it's because they're put between some of the best songs on the record.

17. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Upon first listen, I'm really digging this. Stovall took me a few spins before it clicked, but this caught me right from the beginning.

18. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Whimper gives me chills at the end. I think its my favorite right now

19. loudasallgetout Sep 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2016)
    loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Wrong is fucking fantastic.

And love this quote.

'Cause in the end, one of the main influences on the album is life is meaningless and nothing matters; it’s almost pointless to discuss those things, because what really matters in life is drinking margaritas by the pool and hanging out with your friends. [Laughs] It’s nice to talk about how I can eat anything if there’s enough hot sauce on it.

Microwave's 'Much Love' Makes Introspection Hella Fun

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  20. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Everything you said are my exact feelings after 2 listens through. I was hoping the buried vocals was just a low quality rip. Wish I could turn them up somehow. This is probably the most enjoyable start to finish listen I've heard this year IMO.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Vocals only feel low on a few tracks

22. LionInMyPocket

The instrumentation on this album is leagues above Stovall and really gives this album some diversity where Stovall felt samesy at times. I think this is exactly what I wanted from a sophmore album and proof that these got something special going on!

23. LionInMyPocket

Also can I just say I'm a big fan of Vocalist named Nate/Nathan

Zac Djamoos, Aj LaGambina and Jose like this.
  24. MattNCheeze

Trusted

While I agree the vocals are a little buried on Roaches, I love the guitars on that track. Both the tone, and the riff. Super dreamy and wavvy.

Jose likes this.
  25. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i'm super on the fence with this outside of neighbors and wrong... not much else has grabbed me. i've listened 4 times through. might give it some space to breathe.