Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave - Death is a Warm Blanket (September 13th, 2019) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by slowheart, Aug 1, 2019.

1. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

I was very confused about their change in sound until I realized it was probably another artist under the same name. This recently happened while I was listening to Transit too.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Man this album doesn’t get enough play from me. I put it on the other day, and was really scratching that heavy alt itch.

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this songs pretty cool, features Nathan

cherrywaves likes this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Not what I was expecting from a Knocked Loose side project lmao

I’m into it

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

what lol

6. cherrywaves

Trusted

Leftandleaving likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Can’t believe we’re almost a year from when this, and Alex G came out.

8. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This record is so great. The streaming numbers are still low on it, I’m sure it didn’t connect with the “pop-punk”-leaning side of their fan base, but it’s a fantastic record. Microwave has a lot more depth than their counterparts and that will come to light in due time. They deserve the world.

9. MattNCheeze

Trusted

This band could sound like Jimmy Hendrix or Underoath and I'll listen either way

10. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Spun this record after I haven't in a long time since they got that tour with Mayday Parade announced.

11. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

So happy they are back and touring! Was worried they might’ve quietly broken up.

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah its not as if something happened that stopped all touring in the past year or anything

13. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Nate has been growing mushrooms throughout the pandemic. I assume some trippy stuff may have been written.

sonder and AWasteOfATime like this.
  14. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Oh he’s been a studio rat for sure

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I never really liked it when it came out. It kind of went in the opposite direction that I was hoping they would go. Listened to it during a work out earlier this week though and it was great for that setting.

16. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This was my favorite workout music for a solid six months after it came out. Thanks for reminding me that I need to throw this on and go for a run today.

17. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Listened again and I appreciated it more this time, but still doesn’t touch Much Love. Just seems like a step back even though I know it was a purposeful step in a different direction.

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I personally think it’s their best work. Just love the 90’s alt vibe

19. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I like the sequencing and variety more from Much Love but I prefer the individual songs on DIAWB

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The Brakeman Has Resigned is quite possibly the best Microwave song ever written to date.

Just sayin’

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I could see the next record taking the direction of “Carry”. More straight forward and less experimental to grab new listeners.

footiepajamaz likes this.
  22. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Ohhhh yeahhh

footiepajamaz likes this.
  23. btr

Trusted Supporter

NICE. They only were ever support in my area so i never got a chance to see them play for more than like 25 mins

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

First I thought it was with Elder the prog metal band, and got very hyped.

25. footiepajamaz

Regular

Love Elder Brother and Weakened Friends too so this is like a dream tour.

My band has a headliner at the venue they’re playing in my city the next month, crossing my fingers that the venue will be looking for local support on this show!