Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave - Death is a Warm Blanket (September 13th, 2019) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by slowheart, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Oh my mistake. Although you’re right, the distinction doesn’t matter. And yeah I’ve really only listened to Free Throw out of all those other bands but that’s quite the list of people who are ok touring with an unrepentant sexual assaulter.

2. atlas

Trusted

My point was it bums me out that no one has been like “uhhhh guys what the fuck” re: TMP but if you draw the line for bands in this scene at not speaking out about it then the list of bands left is literally no one, so

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Anthony_ Sep 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2019)
    Anthony_

Yeah I get that but like touring is a whole other world of enabling/putting abusers ahead of survivors, it’s an affirmative step in the other direction. Can’t even imagine what would possess a band to tour with them at this point.

Carrow likes this.
  4. atlas

Trusted

That's fine, everybody draws their own line somewhere. TMP definitely aren't going away though so just be prepared to hold every band that plays with them going forward to the same standard

5. Not speaking out about it because you've decided you'd prefer to tour with a band fronted by an alleged sexual predator is some cowardly shit honestly.

Anthony_ likes this.
  6. Anthony_

Believe me, I am. You say that like it will be difficult.

Carrow likes this.
  7. The thing about holding bands to account when they've been accused of shady shit, stopping listening to them, selling their records if you bought them etc. - it might hurt for a while but eventually you come to terms with it. There's always more music out there.

Anthony_ likes this.
  8. RyanRyan

Wait so microwave are bad now?

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Did you read what was said?

sonder, RyanRyan and Carrow like this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s for you to decide, read about the situation and make a decision. Only you can draw your own line.

11. RyanRyan

At this point it always just feels redundant ever commenting on such things in a chorus forum.

Yes. I also read up on the TMP situation and all that. I don’t believe Microwave should be cancelled as a result, though they ought to acknowledge it and avoid touring with these bands. It’s disappointing but I’m not going to sit and agree with insinuations that Microwave have some sort of intentionally malicious intent by going on the tour.

Sad as it is, reading the interviews regarding Microwave and their financial stability/mental and physical health, it’s coming across that they unfortunately can’t be turning down such ventures...and that maybe they find the steps this TMP band have taken to be adequate.

Abusers in any shape or form are repulsive. So let me just clarify I’m not behind TMP, nor have I ever listened to them, nor am I excusing their actions or the decisions of bands that tour with them. Just trying not to immediately succumb to cancel culture and imply a band touring with them is as culpable.

They have a responsibility to research these things and it’s disheartening, but I’m not going to write Microwave off - instead just hope they’ll acknowledge it and do better in the future.

JBoch and teebs41 like this.
  12. Anthony_

“Intentionally malicious intent” is so far from what the case is here. It’s more like apathy/indifference. Whether that’s better or worse is up to the individual, but framing it the other way makes people who are disappointed they’re touring with the band sound unreasonable.

sonder, RyanRyan and Carrow like this.
  13. atlas

Trusted

I'm not raking them over the coals but no one should tell people not to be disappointed they're touring with TMP, bc it is definitely disappointing

14. RyanRyan

I mean, I’m disappointed. But I’m not writing them off entirely. I just hope the point gets raised with them and they learn from it, make better touring decisions and so on.

I didn’t mean to downplay or belittle your stance on it.

Mustache_Band likes this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Has anyone tried tweeting them about it?

16. latortuga

Regular

Mirrors really gives me a Chevelle vibe. I think Brakeman is my favorite track but it's close with Float.

Still digging this album hard.

RyanRyan likes this.
  17. Mustache_Band

This feels like one big song to me in a good way.

RyanRyan likes this.
  18. JM95

Trusted

Fuck this is a good record.

19. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I don’t really understand how this is the same band.
    I liked much love.
    Thought Stovall had potential.

This record seems leagues more creative.

teebs41 and latortuga like this.
  20. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

I don't think it's at the same level, but feels like this year's Nearer My God in how it completely surprised me and surpassed all expectations (also their third album too!)

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  21. Really surprised to see all the love for this in here. I played it twice in the car the other day and it was a total miss for me. A few good riffs and a couple moments here and there that I liked but otherwise I felt like the band dropped everything about the last two records that worked for me and quadrupled down on the songs that I skip. Really disagree with the person who said that they didn't sacrifice hooks for the sake of heaviness--I didn't catch a single vocal melody on par with their best here. Reminds me of Citizen's Everybody Is Going To Heaven in that regard. Maybe I need to give it another spin but I was really disappointed.

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love that citizen record, give me dark and grungy music and I’m always happy, also think on multiple listens more and more hooks stand out to me. This record won’t be for everyone tho.

23. latortuga

Regular

Someone else in this thread already said it but this is what Citizen's EIGTH should have been. I say that as a huge Citizen fan. I love me some moody alt rock.

Maybe I'm crazy but I get Daisy vibes from this.

24. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Singer has talked about loving Brand New so not crazy at all.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

**In the past