Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Microwave Announce New Album; Stream Two Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Microwavewill release their new album Death Is A Warm Blanket September 13th. Today they’ve shared a video for the title track and a stream of “Carry.”

Track Listing

1. Leather Daddy
    2. Float To The Top
    3. DIAWB
    4. The Brakeman Has Resigned
    5. Hate TKO
    6. Pull
    7. Love’s Will Tear Us Apart
    8. Mirrors
    9. Carry
    10. Part Of It

2. momo32t

Trusted

I guess their record deal at SideOneDummy was only for one record? Was surprised to see that they are releasing this with Pure Noise.

3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Classic incoming

CMilliken likes this.
  4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Most anticipated unless Hotelier comes out of hiding

BigMouth and CMilliken like this.
  5. Austin Blaine

my GUYS

6. Austin Blaine

SideOne turned into a catalog label, so they got released from the contract.

momo32t likes this.
  7. CMilliken

Trusted

Instant preorder! So excited for this one. One of my most anticipated.

8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Well that was a lot darker than anything from the previous album, which isn't necessarily a complaint, just a surprise.

CMilliken likes this.
  9. grimis16 Aug 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2019)
    grimis16

Regular

Sweet, been waiting for this one patiently

annnnnnnnd not what I was waiting for. Hope this is not how the album sounds.

10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Right? I'm surprised to see people reacting positively to this. It's absolutely dreadful. And this was one of the bands I had somewhat-high hopes for. I completely agree that I hope this is not indicative of the tone of this album.

11. Song is great, very 90s alt-rock meets post-hardcore. I'm excited to see all the tones they pull out on this record after the press release.

mercury and JBoch like this.
  12. Saephon

Regular

DIAWB sounds like if Lovedrug reunited because someone really pissed them off. Not a bad thing.

13. grimis16

Regular

This sounds absolutely nothing like Lovedrug.

14. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

Carry is really good. Gives me a bit of a Lighterless vibe. I sincerely loved Much Love. A lot of variety on that album, hoping this one is the same.

15. momo32t

Trusted

I also don't really care for DIAWB. Carry is fine, but hoping for more. Probably will hold off on preordering for now.

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I wouldn't take it as a leap forward, but it's different, I think it will be just fine, probably cool to hear live as well!