Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Michael Kiwanuka Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by murrich, Apr 19, 2016.

1. murrich

Pretty stoked to hear his new album, such a good sound from the songs he has released so far!

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I wish I enjoyed his studio albums as much as I enjoyed his live show. Fantastic musician.

3. murrich

I haven't had the chance to see him live, but I know what you mean from watcing performances. I like his first album but I think his new one sounds better so far from the songs he's released off it.

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I think if I had heard a recorded version of the songs first, I'd be much more of a fan. But I don't feel like any of the recordings have bottled the lightning he has when he plays live. I'd definitely pay to see him whenever I had the chance though

5. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Love his debut album (think it was my most played of 2012) so I have high expectations for his new one.

6. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

I listed this as one of my most anticipated of the year and still can't wait to hear it. I love Home Again and am glad to see this is shaping up nicely.

7. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Well, this is excellent.

8. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This album is really great, surprised more people on here aren't talking about it

9. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

What style of music fam

11. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

His stuff is mostly a mix of soul and folk, although on the new album he's trying out some different sounds. Definitely start with his debut and then move onto the new one as both are really solid. I'd say his debut in particular is one of my favourite albums from the last 5 years

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Sounds cool!

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  13. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Knowing you're prominent on the Frank thread.. Home Again by Michael and Color Orange were my two favorite records of 2012. It's been a good year in 2016

beachdude42 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  14. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Also, if you haven't noticed, my avatar is Michael's new record

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

"I'll Never Love" is probably the most straightforward song on the new album, but damnnn it's gorgeous

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

17. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I finally got around to Love and Hate and holy fuck. One of the best of the year, I think.

It legit sound like it could have been a soundtrack to a blaxploitation movie in the 70s.

18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Love & Hate hasn't really held up for me sadly. It's very sluggish in places and it can make it difficult to listen to in full. I greatly prefer his debut over this, the songs were much stronger imo.

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

so wild how great L&H holds up